PDA

View Full Version : Female Section Hiker needed for 2011

scooterdogma
01-19-2011, 18:42
I am looking for someone whom would be interested in sectioning from Hot Springs, NC -NOBO -for about 3 weeks. I'm starting in the middle of May and will leave the trail around the first week in June. I'm female, retired and have completed Springer to Hot Springs. Details can be worked out via email or phone. I plan on doing 7 to 12 miles a day, depending on hiking style. Thanks for looking, Robin

Northern Lights
01-19-2011, 22:11
Too early for me, I'll be out there in September. :(

alysheba
01-20-2011, 07:19
Hiya Scooterdogma,
I may be available. I am not a fast hiker, but don't mind hiking alone, just so long there is someone else around at the end of the day. PM me and lets talk.

scooterdogma
01-20-2011, 14:42
Too early for me, I'll be out there in September. :(

Well ... I, also, intend to return to the AT in September :rolleyes: I do 2 sections a year. PM me if interested, by the way, I thought it was Kentucky Girls who Kicked Ass :D

Northern Lights
01-20-2011, 15:27
by the way, I thought it was Kentucky Girls who Kicked Ass :D

Sacrilage!!!!:D

scooterdogma
01-22-2011, 06:04
Thanks you'all for the replies, sorry we can't get the times right :(

Ok women backpackers, still looking for a travel companion(s). No Experience necessary ... but, always appreciated. If you are looking to try out the trail as a first time backpacker it is fun to go with someone who has experience and a sense of humor :D. Go for one week or three, you will find out if you like extended distance hiking.

I've done solo hiking, but found I am fond of having someone at the campsite to share stories with at the end of the day.... in the immortal words of Mr. Rogers, "won't you be my neighbor?"

doritotex
02-28-2011, 21:26
I live about 20 miles from Hot Springs, I've done a lot of 3 and 4 night section hikes. I would love to hit the trail for a few weeks!

scooterdogma
03-08-2011, 10:25
Great, I am looking at an April start date. I haven't firmed it up but it will be after the NCAA Final Four (can u tell I am from Kentucky). So, looking at the middle of April. What do you think?

cathy
04-02-2011, 14:12
I will be out hiking the beginning of May if you want to wait a few weeks or perhaps I can leave earlier, but am out of shape.