PDA

View Full Version : Adding lemon pepper to foods?

Different Socks
01-21-2011, 00:21
Does anyone have recipes that use lemon pepper? I was given 3 bottles of the stuff.

Helios
01-21-2011, 00:27
Really nice on baked fish or chicken. It's also used on Tofu.

mweinstone
01-21-2011, 00:30
lemon pepper is for chicken.lemon pepper is for fish. lemon pepper is for nothing else. not a single other dish. lemon peppers brother , pepper pepper is however, good on many more things than his brother.

IronGutsTommy
01-21-2011, 00:33
be careful with using it, experiment with it at first. its probably the strongest, most easy to overpower seasoning there is. it does work well as JC said, with lean meats such as fish and chicken, as well as rice, couscous, some veggies, etc. just go easy with it at first. you can always add more but with lemon pepper theres a very fine line between good eats and good smelling garbage bags.

IronGutsTommy
01-21-2011, 00:34
matthewski, dont forget their half brother, Sgt. Pepper. He's pretty versatile as well

maybe clem
01-21-2011, 00:34
I love lemon pepper. You can add it to nearly any rice, pasta or potatoes you'd bring on the trail.

Different Socks
01-21-2011, 01:08
I love lemon pepper. You can add it to nearly any rice, pasta or potatoes you'd bring on the trail.

How much do you use? Just a pinch?

mweinstone
01-21-2011, 01:17
you can use a good bit on a dish it really goes with but it definatly is the spice mose easily misused. it instantly ruins anything it dosnt belong with. kinda like lemon .add it to bean chili? ruined. put it on peas? putrid. but on lemon chicken allready drenched in lemon juice, you can put alot on. or potatoes.

fehchet
01-21-2011, 05:33
Dried sweet basil must be used carefully or the dish will taste awful with no room for recovery. That to me is the easiest herb or seasoning that can be misused. Lemon pepper goes well with lots of dishes. Just use your common sense and possibly try some on several different foods before you hit the trail.
Spike seasoning (available at Health Food stores) is a great seasoning for all foods and is my go to seasoning when I hike. I also carry granulated garlic.

Appalachian Tater
01-21-2011, 07:58
Lemon pepper is even good with Alfredo and other creamy sauces. Sprinkle it on before eating, not while cooking.

Farr Away
01-21-2011, 12:02
Steamed broccoli, a touch of butter, and a sprinkle of lemon pepper = good eating.

And I agree with fehchet - basil is very easy to overdo, especially in a non-tomato dish.

sarbar
01-21-2011, 12:09
A pinch is always good. You can always add more but you cannot take it back out. The other night I dumped a ton of dry oregano in a dish. Yuck...it was so gross even though I was able to scoop out most of it. All I can think is that the oils released all their scent into the dish before I got it out.

Dicentra
01-21-2011, 17:18
Lemon Pepper

How about a simple dish of instant rice and veggies with chicken, tuna or salmon pouch added. Start with a pinch and work up from there.

hmmm... must experiment now...