PDA

View Full Version : lost photographs

SirLancelotTheBrave
01-21-2011, 03:25
Having recently finished the first draft of a book about the trail, I went into my collection of photographs of the trail. When I put them into albums, I had made sure to put all of the ones I wanted to use for the book I knew I would be writing into a single album.

I have since moved twice and you can guess what has happened. I can not for the life of me find these photos now. Hopefully they will turn out to have been put into an odd box somewhere up in the attic rather than being lost entirely! Otherwise I may end up having to pay for someone else to provide photographs and/or use lesser quality photos from my own collection.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue with their momentos of the trail? Things where they were set aside for safe keeping and then can no longer be located? I know I had two copies of the guidebook for the trail (one that stayed at home and one that went with me containing a number of notes I made along the way) One of those ended up destroyed (the one with my notes of course) when there was a leak that got onto a box of things and wasn't found until the contents were ruined. I was just somewhat curious if others had found similar mishaps with some of their own trail memories.