PDA

View Full Version : (nearly) full moon madness

Slo-go'en
01-21-2011, 17:46
Couple of inches of freash powder on the ground, skies clearing, temperatures dropping (heading for sub zero) and a nearly full moon out -- sounds like a good night to go snowshoeing! Any other lunatics going out to play in the snow tonight? There is nothing like tramping around in the woods in the snow on a cold, moon lite night.

BTW, here's a tip I figured out recently: I've always had trouble with the back strap of my snowshoes sliding off the heel of my boot. This can turn into a real PITA when it starts to happen often, usually in deep snow.

I finally figured out how to solve that problem by adding a piece of string (shoe lace) looped around the back strap and then tied around the front of my boot. That is enough to keep the strap from sliding down off the heel.

DLANOIE
01-21-2011, 17:53
Have fun!:banana

Mr. Clean
01-22-2011, 05:24
I love doing that too, under the full moon. Everything looks so wickedly cool.

Rain Man
01-22-2011, 09:46
I'm leading a backpack outing tonight at Montgomery Bell State Park here in middle Tennessee for the "Nashville Backpackers" Meetup.com group. Scheduled it just for the (nearly) full moon. The snow was an unplanned bonus. We've got an inch or two. Tonight should be BRIGHT around the campfire as we roast brats. :)

Rain:sunMan

jcazz
01-22-2011, 10:14
The last two nights the hounds and i have been out running on the snowmobile trails - 11 miles thursday night and 9+ last night -had the trails all to ourselves. The trails are still soft especially after the new 6'' -get out there and ride, pack those trails down.

wornoutboots
01-22-2011, 10:19
The last two nights the hounds and i have been out running on the snowmobile trails - 11 miles thursday night and 9+ last night -had the trails all to ourselves. The trails are still soft especially after the new 6'' -get out there and ride, pack those trails down.

jcazz just curious, when you run on snowy trails, do you use micro spikes or traction of any sorts? & how are they while running?