PDA

View Full Version : The North Face Blue Kazoo 15° Sleeping Bag

Toolumpy
01-22-2011, 00:38
just wondering if anyone has experience with this bag?? @ 128$ 2lb 10oz weight.

Desert Beacon
01-22-2011, 14:08
I've had this bag (the long model; I'm 6'3") for more than 20 years. Used it on several Grand Canyon and Canyonlands hikes. I find it a little tight but quite adequate for the task. I'm planning a trek on the Ozark Highlands Trail in March and will use it then. I plan to take along a silk liner in case of early spring chill. I like to sleep warm.

NerdyJohn
01-22-2011, 14:27
Where did you see it at that price?

Toolumpy
01-22-2011, 14:46
Outdoor gear, seems they only have 2008 model- long but still a good price- long would be 3lbs

Ashevillian
01-22-2011, 16:20
I’ve had and used my Blue Kazoo for 20 years and am still carrying it to this day. Over the years, and within the last few weeks, my trusty Kazoo has kept me warm and comfortable into the single digits and probably beyond. I’ve never had the zipper bind, never seen lost feathers, washed it, fluffed it, left in a compression bag for over two years, had my kids and dogs abuse it and it still performs beyond all of my expectations. In anticipation of my upcoming AT hike I’ve looked at new bags and said why? I may be able to save a half pound with a new $300+ bag, but again why? Let me know where you saw one at this price and I’ll pick one up as an extra just in case mine it stolen or shredded by a bear, I’d carry the next one for another 20 years if I live that long.

4eyedbuzzard
01-22-2011, 21:13
Heck of a price. It's a great bag. You got a coupon or something? I've got a barely used one up for sale here for $120 which I don't think is a bad price. New ones are typically $190 and that's discounted.

Toolumpy
01-23-2011, 23:18
http://www.usoutdoorstore.com/outlet/the-north-face-blue-kazoo-15-sleeping-bag.html
I assume they still have some.

4eyedbuzzard
01-23-2011, 23:24
Darn good deal. It's a really good bag if the quality is as good as they used to make. People criticize their clothing as a lot of it tends to be crossover outdoor / fashion stuff and the quality has gone down from previous years, but I haven't heard that about their sleeping bags or high end tents. Grab one while you can.