PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Hostel Reservations

Snake Farm
01-22-2011, 20:59
How far ahead of time would you suggest placing a reservation in order to secure a spot? Is it also possible to get the thru hiker deal but camp outside if they run out of rooms (Pick up, breakfast, drop off)? Im sure everyone and their mother is gonna be trying to get in HH so I am just trying to get a rough estimate of when is a good time to place a reservation. Thanks all!

swjohnsey
01-22-2011, 21:15
Now. . . . . . . . . .

Ron Haven
01-22-2011, 21:54
How far ahead of time would you suggest placing a reservation in order to secure a spot? Is it also possible to get the thru hiker deal but camp outside if they run out of rooms (Pick up, breakfast, drop off)? Im sure everyone and their mother is gonna be trying to get in HH so I am just trying to get a rough estimate of when is a good time to place a reservation. Thanks all!For March and April Reservations I would feel good to say that the earlier the better.

gipcgirl
01-22-2011, 22:08
How far ahead of time would you suggest placing a reservation in order to secure a spot? Is it also possible to get the thru hiker deal but camp outside if they run out of rooms (Pick up, breakfast, drop off)? Im sure everyone and their mother is gonna be trying to get in HH so I am just trying to get a rough estimate of when is a good time to place a reservation. Thanks all!
They have restrictions on allowing hikers to camp shire regulaltions, so BOOK NOW. THe money is so worth it for what you get in return.

Lugnut
01-22-2011, 22:24

If you are asking about reservations for the Hiker April Fool's Bash in Franklin, NC then follow Ron Haven's advice. If you are asking about reservations for hostels in general the answer is they don't take reservations. First come, first served.

Trillium
01-23-2011, 00:20
If you are asking about reservations for the Hiker April Fool's Bash in Franklin, NC then follow Ron Haven's advice. If you are asking about reservations for hostels in general the answer is they don't take reservations. First come, first served.
This is not true. The Hiker Hostel certainly does take reservations. There are other hostels that take reservations as well.

rambunny
01-23-2011, 11:05
Each hostel is differant.We found out we couldn't have camping here-(local stuff).But we HAD to have reservations because we could only take 6-also to predetermine a yummy AYCE meal.Each place is governed by their locality and physical building.Do not assume every place has the same guidelines.

Deb
01-23-2011, 11:35

Call the Hiker Hostel and ask them. They are very nice people and will answer all your questions.

Lugnut
01-23-2011, 11:47
This is not true. The Hiker Hostel certainly does take reservations. There are other hostels that take reservations as well.

Notice I said "in general". There are, of course, exceptions. Some places are more bed and breakfast businesses and available to the general public as opposed to those catering to hikers/bikers.

Tater1
01-23-2011, 19:19
I know the Hiker Hostel takes reservations as I made mine there three weeks ago for the beginning of March

Turtle Feet
01-23-2011, 20:04
I made my reservation last October for a mid-March stay. They've been booking rooms for a long time now, so yes, call now!