PDA

View Full Version : Aerial coffe table AT book

The Scribe
12-29-2004, 20:45
Evening all

"207", a local "new magazine" type show out of Portland, Maine tonight had a feature on a new aerial photograhpy book on the AT. The segment was short but the few pictures they showed were good. Here is the link:

http://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?atcmem=1&itemid=446&compid=1

pcm

Kerosene
12-29-2004, 22:26
I got this book for Christmas. It's pretty neat and certainly gives you a different perspective on those parts of the AT you've already hiked.

Mr. Clean
12-31-2004, 22:17
I got one too, and now want to hike all the parts that I haven't done yet!

walkin' wally
01-01-2005, 19:27
I got a copy for Christmas and what I have seen of the text and photos so far looks very nice. I haven't seen all of it yet.

orangebug
01-01-2005, 19:30
I have the same experience with this excellent book: it is too good for thumbing through. I find my self tracing out the trail in each photo, reminding myself of past walks and anticipating the future. This was the best present to myself this year.

coastal_guy
01-01-2005, 19:51
I haven't seen this book, but sounds like a good thing to ask my wife for my birthday.:cool: I don't know when or if I will get back out there.

chomp
01-03-2005, 09:50
I got one for Christmas as well. It is an excellent book, and a must-have for anyone that loves the AT. This guy did a great job photographing some of the more unique features of the AT.

Rain Man
01-04-2005, 01:17
I got one for Christmas as well. It is an excellent book, and a must-have for anyone that loves the AT. This guy did a great job photographing some of the more unique features of the AT.

Ditto. Got mine from the ATC.

Having agreed it's a GREAT book, anybody else get the feeling you're looking down on the Blood Mountain CCC stone shelter on page 21 (and not Tray Mountain as the caption seems to say)?

:sun
Rain Man