PDA

View Full Version : Warmlite 2R

Camping Dave
01-24-2011, 22:44
This was my first weekend hiking with my new Stephenson's Warmlite 2R. All I can say is, wow, what a great tent! It has considerably more room than the 2 person 4 season tent me and a buddy used a few weeks ago (7 pounds, REI Morph I think it was called.): easily high enough to sit bolt upright, enough longitudinal length for a backpack and a 6.5 foot long prolite pad and a bunch of other stuff, 5 feet wide at the front and 4 at the rear, and the hoop style means you can scoot almost all the way over to the wall without pressing against tent fabric. All the floor space is usable, unlike some tarp style shelters. Tensioners that you can adjust from inside the tent are another wonderful feature. If you've ever woken up with saggy silnylon touching or just barely above your face or bag you know how nice this can be. You can tighten the front stakeouts of a Warmlite without leaving the tent. Reach out between the front door and the front floor vent, grab the stake tieouts, give them a tug, and voila! your tent is tight and unsaggy. Sets up with 3 stakes in about 3 minutes.

Loved it. Recommend it. Thanks for reading.