View Full Version : Change Starting date

01-26-2011, 12:04
Hi Well after much thinking i am gone to move my starting date from Feb to April reason
1 Not as much bad weather meaning snow or really cold temp.
2 Will make my pack lighter not as much winter stuff to carry .
3 Won't have to spend as much money on rooms or a hostel if weather turn bad
leaving more money for the trail.

So what to you Guys And Girls Think


01-26-2011, 12:05
Wise decision

Lone Wolf
01-26-2011, 12:05
you made the right decision

01-26-2011, 12:12
Still will need some cold weather gear though for April (we had teens in early April). It can get cold until mid May. Plus April doesn't mean no snow either (we had two snows in April in '07). But you certainly have less chance of extreme cold and snow

The Cleaner
01-26-2011, 12:18
1987 17" snow @ Jerry's Cabin Shelter on 4-17 ,melted pretty quick that year...2010 36degrees @ Overmountian Shelter on 5-10 with much wind as I hiked over the balds near there....

01-26-2011, 12:26
Yep, the reasons I am starting March 31.

max patch
01-26-2011, 12:37
Great decision.

01-26-2011, 13:05
Land shark on the move. Wise choice. Spend the extra month on the stepper and lose another couple lbs it will make a big difference. Hope to see all of u on the trail.

01-26-2011, 14:17
All this snow in the Northeast is going to make fording in Maine very interesting when the big melt occurs not to mention the blackfly hatch.

Plan accordingly.