PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Post count - How to correct?

millergear
01-27-2011, 15:19
The system won't let me post a FS item claiming I have only 10 posts. Actual Post count is 50 (including this one) per my Statistics list.

Helios
01-27-2011, 15:42
I show you posting 11, here and in your statistics? You should be good now anyway!

unclemjm
01-27-2011, 15:48
Strange. I looked at your stats and it shows 11 but when you click to go to posts, there are 50.

When I looked at my own there are 112 in the stats but 123 on the actual list of posts.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it but it escapes me.

Skidsteer
01-27-2011, 16:02
The system won't let me post a FS item claiming I have only 10 posts. Actual Post count is 50 (including this one) per my Statistics list.

I suspect that most of your posts were in the used gear forum and were deleted as part of routine housecleaning. A mod should be able to fix you up.

millergear
01-27-2011, 16:21
Gremlins I guess! Thanks for all the replies,

Steve

millergear
01-27-2011, 16:49
Still can't post:
To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 30 or greater.
You currently have 12 posts.

Per my stats:
Find all posts by millergear (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=2795) Showing results 1 to 25 of 51

Alligator
01-27-2011, 17:23
I put a fix in for you, if does not work let me know. I will let Attroll know about it, it may be more complex a problem than Skids noted, as the buying posts did not quite account for the difference.

MedicineMan
01-27-2011, 17:38
Millergear, the system knows you all too well and knows you've sold too much good stuff this year and if you sell anything else it will report you to the IRS :)

rhjanes
01-28-2011, 11:44
I put a fix in for you, if does not work let me know. I will let Attroll know about it, it may be more complex a problem than Skids noted, as the buying posts did not quite account for the difference.In the VB Admin panels, is a maintenance function which recalculates all posts counts. I think it also ignores any posts in forums where the count is turned off (some forums have off-topic discussion areas and posts to that area, do not count). Anyway, try running the function to recalculate and then see what his number shows...

Odd Man Out
01-28-2011, 11:52
Better yet, why not just start another thread about the safety of hiking, carrying guns, and the use of cell phones on the trail. That will pad your number real quick.

Alligator
01-28-2011, 12:06
In the VB Admin panels, is a maintenance function which recalculates all posts counts. I think it also ignores any posts in forums where the count is turned off (some forums have off-topic discussion areas and posts to that area, do not count). Anyway, try running the function to recalculate and then see what his number shows...Thanks. I was thinking there might need to be a rebuild (or a recalculation), I saw this happen once before with someone's post count. I usually hand off these sorts off issues to Attroll so I don't mess up any settings.:datz

millergear
01-28-2011, 19:32
Millergear, the system knows you all too well and knows you've sold too much good stuff this year and if you sell anything else it will report you to the IRS :)

True, but like gambling, gains are offset by losses. I think I'm still running about even with sales vs buys.

millergear
01-28-2011, 20:08
I put a fix in for you, if does not work let me know. I will let Attroll know about it, it may be more complex a problem than Skids noted, as the buying posts did not quite account for the difference.

Thanks for the help! It worked, my post got in.

Cookerhiker
01-30-2011, 07:58
I noticed this morning my post count had dropped about 300. I guess it's from cleanup of old threads - just as well if it saves server space.