PDA

View Full Version : Snowshoeing Stratton MT...

Yukon
01-28-2011, 13:13
Has anyone on this forum snowshoed Stratton Mountain in VT from the Kellystand Rd trailhead? I want to go and do it Sunday but I know the snowmobile trail runs through there (because I have snowmobiled extensively in that area), and there can be a lot of traffic. What I can't remember is if the snowmobilers park their trucks in the trailhead parking lot or if they stay in the lots further down the road and leave the trailhead for the hikers? Thanks....

Monkeywrench
01-28-2011, 14:52
The snowmobilers park in the lot where the AT crosses the Kelley Stand Rd. That is as far as the road is plowed in the winter. I have parked there many times in winter, and never had a problem getting a spot, if that is your worry.

Blue Jay
01-28-2011, 15:09
The snowmobilers park in the lot where the AT crosses the Kelley Stand Rd. That is as far as the road is plowed in the winter. I have parked there many times in winter, and never had a problem getting a spot, if that is your worry.

This is exactly true.

Yukon
01-28-2011, 15:13

Yeah I know where the plowing ends, I was just wondering about the parking situation. Thanks for the help :)