PDA

View Full Version : ZPacks Cuben Fiber Pack Cover Video Review

STICK
01-28-2011, 13:31
Yeah, I know rain covers aren't for everyone, but they are for me. And if you like to use rain covers, I think that Joes backpack covers are worth checking out. He offers them in Silnylon and also in Cuben Fiber. And, as the title suggests, mine is the Cuben Fiber. I did a little video to show off my new pack cover and if you would like to check it out, well here is the link:

ZPacks Cuben Fiber Backpack Cover Review (http://stick13.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/zpacks-cuben-fiber-backpack-cover/)

Raul Perez
01-28-2011, 14:14
Nice I have Joe's cuben pack cover as well. Love it!

TallShark
01-28-2011, 22:37
Like your blog, cuben is some crazy alien fiber i have yet to purchase or even hold for that matter. I hear they are making tents out of this stuff.

STICK
01-28-2011, 23:03
Thanks Tall Shark. And yes, they sure are making tents out of cuben, and it is a little costly too... I would like to get the MLD SoloMid in cuben, but I will have to save some more $$$ and my wife has already been very kind lately letting me spend money... Joe at ZPacks makes a cuben tarp that weighs about 3 oz...

hobbs
01-28-2011, 23:14
Stick I bought his Tarptent with mos netting for my thru this spring...I also picked a few cuben bags and a cover like you described...I contacted another designer n Canada and he gave me Joe's site..I contacted him and he replied next day...Good Guy and a great way to do business.I see myself useing more products to cut weight. Also glad you posted Like your blog and had to send myself an email for the link..So many Stick's blogs out there.LOL I do like it tho....

STICK
01-28-2011, 23:24
Yea, I would definitely like to get more of his stuff. And though my interactions with him was brief, he did exactly what I asked and delivered in a very timely manner. I would definitely recommend him and his gear to anyone.

And good to know about all the different "Stick's Blogs." Since it is linked as a bookmark on all my computers I never really noticed. I have debated changing the name, but I just don't know what to change it too. Plus so many already know it by this name...

Big Dawg
01-29-2011, 08:17
Nice! Thanks for posting. I recently asked about light weight pack covers, and was directed to zpacks. Just the ticket. Now Ive got several other items from zpacks on the wish list. It was great to see the pack cover in video. Thanks again for sharing.

SouthMark
01-29-2011, 08:26
Been using Joe's products for about three years. You cannot ask for better service. I have one of his original backpacks, the sil Z1 at 6.5 oz. I have one of his larger cuben tarps for my hammock. Tarp weighs 5.3 oz and with ridge line and guys weighs 7.9 oz. I am looking to buy the Heximid tarp for my JMT trip next year.