PDA

View Full Version : Looking to avoid shipping fees from Campmor

amac
01-28-2011, 20:34
I despise paying shipping costs. Campmor charges no shipping fees after $100 of purchase. I'm looking at buying a DVD to get me over the hump.
Any suggestions from this group (http://www.campmor.com/gear/dvd-cd-video/at-pct-cdt-other-long-trails/appalachian-trail-photo-dvd.shtml)?

Luddite
01-28-2011, 20:37
Walking the West looks good. I'm not a big fan of any documentary on the AT.

Roland
01-28-2011, 20:41
Appalachian Impressions and the Nat Geo film get plenty of air-time on PBS. You can probably see those for free.

Southbounders is a fictional film, with good photography.

Walking with Freedom is Lion King's flick. Great music.

mountain squid
01-28-2011, 20:50
Well, if I were just looking to avoid shipping costs, I would purchase something that I know I would eventually need anyway . . . like an extra pair of socks or some aqua mira or something . . . Campmor has so much stuff to choose from . . .

But, I concur: Lion King's video is good.

See you on the trail,
mt squid

Miner
01-28-2011, 22:26
In myorder of preference though I like all of them (and own them).

Walking the West is the best PCT documentary of the same thru-hikers from beginning to end. Appalachian Impressions I liked for showing the various things and places you'll see on the AT. I like the NatGeo AT and PCT ones (though I liked the PCT one a little better) but they really aren't about thru-hikers though they have some in it. But their helicopter shots were epic. Then there is the 2 Lion King Videos (Walking with Freedom and Walking with Freedom West). Nice music video of the trail, nothing major happens on the AT, but on his PCT hike, he ends up in a major winter snow storm and quits).

LIhikers
01-28-2011, 23:24
+1 for Mountain Squid's suggestion of getting something you'll need eventually.

4eyedbuzzard
01-28-2011, 23:50
Socks, triptease, shoe/boot laces, sunglasses . . .

jabowman7
01-29-2011, 00:01
Just saw Appalachian Impressions and really enjoyed it, but I think I'll throw my hat into the "buy something you'll need later" camp. Maybe a sweet set of sock liners?

vibbertations
01-29-2011, 00:01
Funny. I bought a monitor wall mount on Amazon last night. It was gonna cost 11.00 to ship but if I added 11.50 to my cart, everything would ship free. I thought long and hard and couldn't come up with anything....so I went to my wish list and ended up getting Skywalker's AT book. Hope its good.

mweinstone
01-29-2011, 07:09
i think we all know what campmore has thats more fun than anything else. i think we can stop beeting around the bush here folks. if you needed to buy 20$ worth of something you didnt really need just to avoid shipping charges you really dont need to pay to avoid,..magnesium firestarters , matches, firestarter and sparkers. what kid wants anything else from an older friend? buy some pyro , and spread the love. you do know our own shenequa works there dont you? shes whiteblaze and may be a help.

Mrs Baggins
01-29-2011, 10:05
I found with Amazon that I was spending more on some extra item to avoid shipping than what the shipping cost. Stupid. I now pay for Amazon Prime ($75/year) and I know for a fact that at the rate I buy from them I am paying waaay less for that than I would be for shipping on each thing or for buying extra stuff just to get "free" shipping. When anyone in my household wants something from Amazon, I order it thru my account so that they aren't paying for shipping or extra items. I'm very careful to order only those things that qualify for Prime, and most of them do.

mcskinney
01-29-2011, 17:37
who deleted my comment about bit torrent use and why?

Sly
01-29-2011, 18:08

You seriously have to ask? For the most part bit torrent use is piracy of copyrighted material.

Roland
01-29-2011, 18:35

Here's a little tip, for ya.

Promoting illegal activities and making fun of people who abide by anti-piracy laws, will usually result in some kind of action by the Mods.

mcskinney
01-29-2011, 21:47
yeah its funny though, in another thread today someone is talking about public masturbation, in another drug use, they havent been and wont be taken down, and yet when I posted about marijuana it was promptly taken down.

"Illegal activity" haha thanks for the laugh, its 2011 brother, digital media is free for the taking, it's out there. Paying for it is as useless as putting money in a donation bin. Get with the times gramps.

you want to pay for something you can get for free be my guest. You probably think online poker should be illegal too.

I'm getting so sick of the attitudes on this site. SO MANY of the members here are full of some strange, angry judgment. People with 6000 posts lecturing others to stay off the internet and hike more. Or acting all high horse because they've hiked a trail that other are trying to prepare for.

It's so useless it's laughable.

I like the accumulated information here on this site and will continue to use it as a resource but I'm not sure I'll be posting much more here. You guys are tools and I've never felt less welcome on a internet forum then I have here.

Go suck a collective fart WhiteBlaze

Sly
01-29-2011, 23:17
I've never felt less welcome on a internet forum then I have here.

Try the 2+2 poker forum.