PDA

View Full Version : BMT/DRT intersection ?

ytsuejam
01-29-2011, 10:53
Is it my imagination or did the trail junction at the base of Rhodes Mtn. disappear? Also,was there a re-route recently?

The straight up Rhodes trail was (yesterday) was almost non-existent,found it but it was buried beneath pant loads of leaves and such.

SGT Rock
01-29-2011, 12:25
Yep, it is a re-route.

Dances with Mice
01-29-2011, 22:09
I believe the BMT / DRT intersection was relo'd quite a few years ago. It's on the south (or is it east?) side of Rhodes and not far, just a few hundred yards, from the Rhodes summit.

The intersection is a large opening in the trail and well signed as of last Fall.

Coming from the north the BMT leaves the old logging road at some steps that aren't signed but I thought it was pretty easy to find. Did you miss that turn?

ytsuejam
01-30-2011, 00:04
From hwy 60.I think I followed the re route for a bit,felt unsure about still being on the correct direction,walked backed Licklog and then some,went back,straight up from where the bmt goes left. Went up,over and found the signs to water,ect..

Dances with Mice
01-30-2011, 14:24
From hwy 60.I think I followed the re route for a bit,felt unsure about still being on the correct direction,walked backed Licklog and then some,went back,straight up from where the bmt goes left. Went up,over and found the signs to water,ect..Pardon my confusion. You were either at Licklog Gap, it has the only signs pointing to water between Rhodes and GA-60. Nice "W" signs though, right? Real artistic touch. Great looking arrow too. And nailed on the tree so neatly. Sloppy blue blaze paint job on the trail to water though.

Or you went straight up Rhodes when the BMT turned left, that would be the DRT. But the next signs to water would be two more mountains away at Sarvis Gap.

Same great "W" and arrow design on those signs too. Just sayin'.

ytsuejam
01-31-2011, 00:10
yup, Sarvis Gap. nice signs though.
Didn't see any sings at licklog,stole or burned.