PDA

View Full Version : Calling 2008-2009-2010 Colorado Trail thru-hikers

yogi
01-31-2011, 14:55
I'm looking for folks who thru-hiked the CT in the last 3-ish years who are interested in contributing to a Colorado Trail Handbook. I purposely do not want to include hikers who have hiked the PCT and/or CDT. I want advice from hikers who are unique to the Colorado Trail. Please contact me off-list if you're interested.

yogihikes @ gmail.com

yogi
02-01-2011, 02:25
I've had a few requests asking what this is all about, so here's more info:

My name is Jackie McDonnell - trail name Yogi. I publish two books for other trails: "Yogi’s PCT Handbook" and "Yogi’s CDT Handbook" (see www.pcthandbook.com for information).

In July and August of 2010, I had the pleasure of hiking the Colorado Trail. Even though it rained/hailed every single day during that trip, I had a fantastic time. I hiked from Durango to Denver, totally against the grain. Because of that, I only met hikers in passing, as everyone was headed the other direction!

My current project is to publish a Colorado Trail Handbook, which will be similar to my other two books. Here’s how they work: We all know that there is never one “right answer” to any hiking question. You get ten hikers together, and they’ll have ten different backpacks, ten different shoes, ten different socks, ten different opinions about resupply, water treatment, shelter, etc. So, my books present hiking information in a unique manner: I offer contradictory opinions to pretty much every single topic.

This is where YOU come in!

I’m looking for folks who thru-hiked the Colorado Trail in the last 3-ish years who are willing to articulate their thoughts, humor, and advice in the book. I purposely do not want to include hikers who have thru-hiked the PCT and/or CDT before. I want advice from hikers who are unique to the Colorado Trail. Is that you? If so, please email me off-list and I’ll send you a questionnaire.

yogihikes @ gmail.com