PDA

View Full Version : Artful Dodger

TOW
01-31-2011, 22:04
Any of you old timers here ever hear of an hiker that would hike naked way back when called Artful Dodger?

Marta
02-01-2011, 08:00
I met the Artful Dodger at Miss Janet's. He was fully clothed at the time.

TheTank
02-01-2011, 15:38
I met Artful Dodger in 2006 in Vermont. He was hiking some large portion of the AT, and I think he was naked every day.

fievel2011
02-01-2011, 15:54
I met an Artful Dodger in 2007 hanging out in Pisgah National Forest through the winter. I believe I met him in March and he told me and my hiking buddies stories about hiking with a girl named Red, though I'm not sure where he was hiking. We had a really awful night the night before and, the next morning, he took us into this boyscout camp cabin/mess hall that he was the caretaker for over the winter and gave us coffee and orange juice--it was wonderful!

I think that this Artful Dodger could be the same one you're talking about, but I'm not sure. He was really awesome, that's for sure!

Sickmont
02-01-2011, 15:57
I met an Artful Dodger in 2007 hanging out in Pisgah National Forest through the winter. I believe I met him in March and he told me and my hiking buddies stories about hiking with a girl named Red, though I'm not sure where he was hiking. We had a really awful night the night before and, the next morning, he took us into this boyscout camp cabin/mess hall that he was the caretaker for over the winter and gave us coffee and orange juice--it was wonderful!

I think that this Artful Dodger could be the same one you're talking about, but I'm not sure. He was really awesome, that's for sure!

yeah, but was he NAKED???

fievel2011
02-01-2011, 21:14
not at the moment. but conceivably just before and just after!

The Chinchillas
03-21-2012, 20:41
David Lesser shelter. Made new path to freeman on the ADT for Special Olympics. 3.20.12

l0ngterm
03-22-2012, 21:19
I met the Artful Dodger a couple of years ago at the Wayah Shelter in NC. He was laid up with what he thought was a broken shoulder from falling earlier in the day. He said hiking partners had hiked out to get help. Lucky for him I had some pain killers to spare because he was in a bad way.

He taked about his thru hike with Red Dane as his hiking partner. She works or did work at the Rei here in my area.

He was fully clothed when I saw him.

Jack Tarlin
03-22-2012, 21:34
I have met at least four "Artful Dodgers", all of whom were fully clothed at the time.

rocketsocks
03-22-2012, 23:36
Is this the guy (Ray stevens you tube (the streak)? sorry had ta do it on the down low.cause It's;)