PDA

View Full Version : Longtrailhiking.info

pedxing
02-02-2011, 22:59
Does anybody know what happened with this site or the gentleman who put it together? It was developing into a truly great site and I was in touch with the web master - but nothing has been done with the site in nearly a year (it still works) and I haven't been able to get in touch with the web master at all (I hope he is OK, he seemed like a great guy.

StubbleJumper
02-02-2011, 23:12
Yes, it is a good site for those who plan to hike end-to-end. That site, Mags' document, and Jamie Campos' journal are great resources for potential hikers.

ClassY
02-03-2011, 00:55
Yep..
The gentleman went on a hike!!

Hardy har har! Lol. Jk.

No, I have no idea, but ill have to check it out!

~ClassY

Rough
02-18-2011, 15:10
All,

I too have noticed, along with others, that there has been no new activity at this great Long Trail-centric website for many, many months. I have tried to contact the website host both at his work and home locations but the phone numbers are no longer valid.

I sincerely hope that Joe and his family are all right and that he will soon be able to resume adding to this website.

To keep the online Long Trail discussion community (Webboards) active I have created a new Long Trail Community Forum at my longtrailpodcast.com website:

http://www.longtrailpodcast.com/forum/index.php

You are invited to join the discussions!

Rough

P.S. - I am a long-time member of Whiteblaze and look forward continuing to participate and benefit from this great hiking site.

pedxing
02-18-2011, 16:24
Thanks for that info and for the forum. If I remember correctly, you started up that or a similar forum about the same time as Joe set up his and (wisely and generously, I thought) chose to support his rather than to compete. I'll add the link to my default mentor email.

I remember about a year ago Joe had some significant eye trouble, so I worry for him.