PDA

View Full Version : Bacon and Vanilla Ice Cream

Special-K
02-03-2011, 12:25
I'm partially new hear. Mostly just creep around the site. But i have realized there are many bacon lovers on this website, and SO AM I!!! And this morning when I was eating my waffles, now I don't know why, but I went to the freezer and put ice cream on my bacon. IT WAS HEAVENLY! My mom told me i should invent an ice cream with bacon bits in it. But nonetheless I just wanted to share my discovery, and see if anyone else has ever stumbled upon some quirky bacon concoctions.

Sickmont
02-03-2011, 12:28
The ability to create such wonders as Bacon Vodka and Baconnaise are God's true gifts to mankind.

The ice cream and bacon thing sounds pretty righteous too.

DVNDSN
02-03-2011, 12:31
Yes, my whole family knows I like bacon. My uncle works for a big food company here in the south, so I occasionally get the case or two! I tend to just eat it plain, I like it better that way. Beware of bacon bits at the grocery though, I bought some a while back that were anything but bits of bacon. Lesson learned: always look at the ingredients!

Sickmont
02-03-2011, 12:36
Speaking of bacon, who else is planning or has been to Sodolak's Original Country Inn(home of country fried bacon!!!) in Snook, Tx? Im going to make a pilgrimage there someday before i die.

Sickmont
02-03-2011, 12:37
Sorry, imeant to say home of CHICKEN FRIED BACON!!!!

Hikes in Rain
02-03-2011, 13:47
Never had it chicken fried, but I have had deep fried bacon. Foks fried bacon in oil to flavor it for catfish, and served the bacon alongside the fish. Great stuff!

IceAge
02-03-2011, 15:06
Try making candied bacon and then crumble it on top of vanilla ice cream, you'll love it.

Special-K
02-03-2011, 15:23
that sounds AMAZING.! great idea

Biotechman
02-04-2011, 02:31
Bacon is nothing but the BEST meat candy!

mweinstone
02-04-2011, 09:26
we hold these truths to be self evedent. that all bacon is created equal with certian inalienable rights. of these are, knife libraly and the refute of crappyness.

there is nothing to sear but bacon bfitz smelt.

roses are dead
violets are pu
bacon smells better
i love you

when pigs fly
remmington will come out with pigshot.

MkBibble
02-04-2011, 17:42
Speaking of bacon, who else is planning or has been to Sodolak's Original Country Inn(home of country fried bacon!!!) in Snook, Tx? Im going to make a pilgrimage there someday before i die.

This is hard to say in this forum; I feel so ashamed. I have loved bacon all my life and I was SO excited about this wonderful invention - Chicken Fried Bacon! Several months ago, while I was passing through the big city of Snook, I stopped at Sodolaks for a burger. It wasn't until the next day I realized... I FORGOT about the Chicken Fried Bacon!

Now Sodolaks has opened a restaurant less than 1000' from my office. I thought I would just walk over there, get some Chicken Fried Bacon, and make things right - FINALLY.

Alas... They only serve it at the original location in Snook...

Sickmont
02-04-2011, 17:50
Alas... They only serve it at the original location in Snook...

Whoa.....bummer.

MoodyBluer
02-04-2011, 18:01
How long b4 Mathewski posts in this thread?

hikerboy57
02-04-2011, 18:32
i think hes intentionally ignoring it.If Ben& jerrys had to give it a aname- what would they call it? pigsinblankets of snow?

ATsawyer
02-04-2011, 19:20
Had some last night, courtesy of a home ice cream maker. Heavenly.

4eyedbuzzard
02-04-2011, 20:55
My mom told me i should invent an ice cream with bacon bits in it. But nonetheless I just wanted to share my discovery, and see if anyone else has ever stumbled upon some quirky bacon concoctions.
Like most good ideas, you appear to have been beat to the market http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=bacon+ice+cream&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

Skidsteer
02-04-2011, 21:00
How long b4 Mathewski posts in this thread?

i think hes intentionally ignoring it.

Ummm...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1107928&postcount=10

sbhikes
02-04-2011, 21:38
I'm waiting for bacon avocado ice cream.

hikerboy57
02-05-2011, 08:57
Ummm...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1107928&postcount=10
I kinda figured it was like Columbus telling the Indians hes discovered America.

Turtle2
02-05-2011, 14:48
Last weekend I made some Maple Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were much better than expected. Made to send to my cousin's finance as she refuses to even have bacon in the house. I think I'll up the amount of bacon and decrease the chocolate as the chocolate tends to overwhelm the bacon.

TheTwanger
02-05-2011, 19:41
I won't knock it.... But I also won't try it... Not because I don't think it would be good, but the cake and peanut butter I shovel in my ice cream is unhealthy enough. I had a great laugh over this though! X))

Bearpaw
02-05-2011, 21:18
I'm partially new hear. Mostly just creep around the site. But i have realized there are many bacon lovers on this website, and SO AM I!!! And this morning when I was eating my waffles, now I don't know why, but I went to the freezer and put ice cream on my bacon. IT WAS HEAVENLY! My mom told me i should invent an ice cream with bacon bits in it. But nonetheless I just wanted to share my discovery, and see if anyone else has ever stumbled upon some quirky bacon concoctions.

Special K, you have wisdom far beyond your years! :sun

Special-K
02-05-2011, 23:01
Special K, you have wisdom far beyond your years! :sun

HAHAHA! Thank you Bearpaw!! This thread went a lot better than I thought it would go. Keep up the suggestions everyone!

veteran
02-06-2011, 11:02
JD's bacon salt good on anything.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51mgAQPCvhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg