PDA

View Full Version : The Mayor's/The Outhouse - Unionville, NY

Fat Man Walking
02-03-2011, 22:51
First question, is this one and the same place?

Second question, Seems like I read somewhere that there was some question that this might not open this year. I am planning my section hike for End of June/First of July and plan to go through there. Will this be open?

Third Quesion, if not open, where to sting a hammock?

Thanks and Peace

Fat Man

Roughin' It
02-03-2011, 22:57
Yes the Mayor's place and The Outhouse are one in the same.

When I walked through there in 2010, they made it pretty clear to me that they would not be open in 2011. AWOL stopped by and they asked him to take them out of his guidebook. It's a shame.

couscous
02-03-2011, 23:41
Last hiker was there Oct 1-2 as the former mayor was getting married.

AUhiker90
02-04-2011, 00:52
What a great place to stay. very glad i got to stay there too bad the Mayor was on vacation in Maine when i came thru.

4shot
02-08-2011, 20:15
Fat Man...this was a great place and it is one and the same.like squash (aka Auhiker) said above, when we went thru the Mayor was off on vacation. Good town, good folks. I am unsure about them being open this year due to his marriage.

Called you tonight.Need to see at the Nashville WB dinner. i am jealous of you being on the trail again this year...the benefits of section hiking for sure.

Warning...the crew here and also Tom at Dalton Mass. will make you rethink everything we have been learned about folks up North.;)

-SEEKER-
02-08-2011, 22:42
AWOL stopped by and they asked him to take them out of his guidebook. It's a shame.[/QUOTE]

That really is a shame. I'm so glad I had the experience of staying there in 2009.

mick2360
02-11-2011, 23:35
FM, They have posted signs on the local trail heads that they are closed as of last fall. Shoot me a PM. I may be able to help you out with a couple of slacks and local transportation.

Red Hat
02-12-2011, 11:45
I wasn't plannning on staying in town, just hiked in to get a sandwich. As I hiked out of town a guy pulled over and told me I was going the wrong way (I wasn't). It was the Mayor. He took me to the hostel where I enjoyed dinner, breakfast, and the company. Wonderful time. Sad to see it close. But best wishes to the Mayor and his new wife.

StormBird
02-12-2011, 22:32
I heard the same thing about the mayor's/outhouse. 2010 was the last year.

You shouldn't have a problem grabbing a sandwich and a resupply and then walking back to the AT to tent/hammock up for the night. :)