PDA

View Full Version : The Bota Outback Water filters

GardenofSimple
01-02-2005, 14:36
Has anyone used this? Does it work... its light--- cheap--- lemme know?
josh (Feller)

neo
01-02-2005, 16:30
i have been using the bota outback filter bottle for about 6 years,mine cost 12.99

i use it to filter out the sediment,floaties,giardia,crypto,then add a little polar pure to kill bacteria and virus,:sun neo

GardenofSimple
01-02-2005, 21:08
would I have to use anything else ? Could I risk it... I mean I know of people who don't even use a filter at all?

grandview
01-02-2005, 21:17
would I have to use anything else ? Could I risk it... I mean I know of people who don't even use a filter at all?
it's safe to only use the outback but it'll take you forever squeezing the water out...i have two and enjoy them for day hiking.

bulldog49
01-04-2005, 15:10
Grandview, could you expand on how slow it is? I'm thinking of getting one because I need to replace my Pur Hiker and the Bota looks like a good choice, but I don't want it if the water only trickles out. Also, is the life of the filter cartridge about the same as other filters?

neo
01-04-2005, 16:21
Grandview, could you expand on how slow it is? I'm thinking of getting one because I need to replace my Pur Hiker and the Bota looks like a good choice, but I don't want it if the water only trickles out. Also, is the life of the filter cartridge about the same as other filters?

i have been using the outback bota over 5 years,they are easier to use then pumping my older sweetwater filter,they really work very well.:sun neo

grandview
01-04-2005, 19:53
In my opinion, it's close to a trickle. But they are very handy and very lightweight. As far as the filter longevity goes, It's "approximately 200 refills per filter" according to http://www.campinggurus.com

grandview
01-04-2005, 19:56
Hey Neo...

My Bota Outback froze up during an overnighter a few weeks ago...Do you know if this damages the filter?

Thanks,
GV

neo
01-04-2005, 21:22
Hey Neo...

My Bota Outback froze up during an overnighter a few weeks ago...Do you know if this damages the filter?

Thanks,
GV
mine has frozen,still worked after it thawed out,these thing are so cheap $12.99
i buy a new one every year,they are cheap and depenable:sun neo