PDA

View Full Version : Miss janet update thread

mweinstone
02-06-2011, 22:44
in case you didnt know, this years class has a young member who is neither a newbee, nor a thrubee. miss janet leaves springer mountain on ***** *** 2011 to attempt to thruhike our APPALACHIAN TRAIL to maine. i personaly will be serving as her in her absence. as most of you know, everyone falls in love with miss janet sooner or later.
blind worshipers are asked to maintaine a decrete distance. a discrete distance is one at witch you cannot hear her screeming at the top of her conciderable lungs. cult followings are asked to maintain their own campsite seperate from the packsniffers. non bacon gifts must weigh less than a gram. souvenere hunters unwelcome. miss janet will be shredding all her trash and personal hygene items and packing them out to a secure site. media devices capable of recording image or sound placed within her spheer of personal space are strongly discouraged.any attempt to create a "party" atmosphere about her person is discouraged. zero dates will not be announced.poop trowels will be confiscated.
carry on blabbing is limited to one per dayhiker when time allows only. otherwise, acceptable forms of carry on blabbing are: hey, hows it going,hi and your almost there.under no condishions will small children be permmited to ride atop miss janets pack. fabian will travel in a bounce box to gaurd miss janets drop boxes and will be ongaurd at all times even after post office hours. at the completion of a sussecful thruhike , one lucky hiker will be choosen to dance a slow dance to music atop katahden. if it becomes nessecary to alter miss janets apperence to prevent autograph and photo seekers, she will be made to look like a stranger none of us has met.
have a good hike my love.oxmatthewski

paddler
02-07-2011, 00:20
i cant wait to celabrate with you after the hike miss janet!!

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 00:26
we will now have a breif discussion about ethics regaurding hiking with famouse people and what is acceptable. i will begin.

cant belive her start dates a secret but that i and the inner sanctum can know it but we have signed wavers sealing our lips. rich people, whattaya gonna do?
next.

Ron Haven
02-07-2011, 00:46
mweinstone, Are you going to come down south and hike any this year??????

ChinMusic
02-07-2011, 00:55
I sense a job offer.

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 01:04
the long answer to rons question would delv so far into matters of god and my beleifs i would be imediatly banned from my beloved whiteblaze. so i will hold my toung and give you the short answer.

any way short of bank robbing and being a one way astronaut to mars to hike my beloved trail i will. my possibillitys include but are not limmited to:

if miss janet chickened out and gave me all her hiking money and food and gear and said," go ahead matthewski,...you hike."
lmao.

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 01:13
i feel it too. but its not comming from ronnie. its from the direction of hollywood! i belive they want to make a film of some sort about me and janet hiking together. yes , im sure of it. i see it more clearly now,...they want janet to teach something while i demonstrate something. like,...me showing hiking skills and janet ,people skills. perfecto! i beleive they have very smart producers in that wood.holywood? here we come!it will need a name.hmmm......a documentary, teaching and showing.....got it!

SHOW AND TELL IN SNOW AND HELL
A WALKQUMENTRY ON THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL
narrated by can do will do!

Speakeasy TN
02-07-2011, 05:47
mweinstone, Are you going to come down south and hike any this year??????

Now Matty is a natural "Special Guest" for the Fool's bash! I'm just sayin'...........:D

Awol1970
02-07-2011, 09:00
SHOW AND TELL IN SNOW AND HELL

WALKQUMENTRY is brilliant.

The whole title is really...

skerry
02-07-2011, 09:46
WOW! I feel priviledged to be in the 2011 class with Ms Janet!
Hike on!

chazaq
02-07-2011, 16:22
Who is miss janet?

ChinMusic
02-07-2011, 16:25
Who is miss janet?
A trail legend that used to have a very popular hostel in Erwin.

Hopefully Matty will chime in and make it perfectly clear.

Diatribe
02-07-2011, 16:50
...I was unaware that she no longer operates her hostel..? Is this true?

LIhikers
02-07-2011, 17:00
........SHOW AND TELL IN SNOW AND HELL
narrated by can do will do!

uh oh!
Before Hollywierd picks up on this and decides to make the film we better decide on the proper pronunciation of Appalachian :-?

Lilred
02-07-2011, 17:01
...I was unaware that she no longer operates her hostel..? Is this true?

It's sadly been true for a few years now. Glad to hear you're hitting the trail Janet, I know you've wanted this for awhile. Good luck!!!

Jack Tarlin
02-07-2011, 20:13
Wow, did someone just ask "Who is Miss Janet?"

That's great!! :D

Quick answer: This is more of a "what" question than a "who" question. But let's just say that after the good Lord was done with the work of creation, i.e. the heavens, earth, light, darkness, dry land, oceans, sun, moon, and stars, water creatures, birds, land animals, and people......well, after he was done with all this and took a good day off for his troubles, on the 8th day, and I know this is news to some folks, but he did not create Texas. On this, the 8th day, he created Miss Janet.

Then he needed another day off.

Driver8
02-07-2011, 20:31
Is she gonna keep a trail journal? I'd love to follow her, maybe join her for a stretch or two in the northeast, do some trail angeling for her, too.

fehchet
02-07-2011, 21:02
I'm figuring if you want to feast your way up the trail then tag along. I plan to drop in on Miss Janet from time to time as I leap frog around for several months starting in mid-March. We talked today and she is eager to get going but definitely plans to wait for better weather. She said in her Texas/Tennessee drawl, "Earl Shaffer said it is a walk with spring, not a walk with winter!"
So Matty is a little premature announcing Miss Janet's several departures, however he means no harm and is certainly one of Miss J.'s biggest fans. I am, of course, Miss Janet's biggest fan and will be writing my Congressman and Senator about all of this soon. I graduated at the top of my class, have read a lot, was a Colonel in the Canadian Armed Forces, and a member of DEMENTIA. Just saying.

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 21:03
miss janets hostel closed but she developed a comprehensive plan to open what is called "the erwin hiking center" she needs funding. a vidio presentation is available online i belive. pm her and ask. its an educational endevor as well as a coolass hostel with yurts as shelters around a central building.miss janet is the definitive authority on the people of the trail she solves problems of every type and is our orical of sorts. their simply is no problem she dosnt give answers to that are simple and respected cures. she is kind and giving and will put you in a hurtlock if you make dramma or wine and complaine. people leave her hostel with a lifetime resource of human understanding in a woman who gives freely untill shes living in a van with a million miles on it and a lazy dog.

AUhiker90
02-07-2011, 21:18
I hope she does open her center up i wrote in my guidebook to stay at her place in Erwin but over bannana pancakes with peanut butter syrup at Neels she told me that her hostel hasnt been going for some time now.Maybe next time

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 22:27
im anouncing her false start dates to clear a path thru the packsniffers for her.lol.theres already some guy hiking at top speed to catch up even now!lmao. other hikers are prolly spreding rumers of a huge party with miss janet up ahead like just 30 miles! and when she launches, she will be alone, and in a thaughtfull place. of course in the end records for katahdins biggest summit day by thruhikers will have been smashed. so she needs my help creating a quiet empty spot for her to begin.

Ron Haven
02-07-2011, 23:24
Who is miss janet?she is one of a kind, no comparison. :sun

mweinstone
02-07-2011, 23:30
my dream is to somehow hike this year way way more than ever.

Speakeasy TN
02-10-2011, 05:17
Who is miss janet?

You may not live this one down! One day you'll deny ever posting this!
She's kind of a big deal out on the trail! :D

Speakeasy TN
02-10-2011, 05:20
Wow, did someone just ask "Who is Miss Janet?"

That's great!! :D

Quick answer: This is more of a "what" question than a "who" question. But let's just say that after the good Lord was done with the work of creation, i.e. the heavens, earth, light, darkness, dry land, oceans, sun, moon, and stars, water creatures, birds, land animals, and people......well, after he was done with all this and took a good day off for his troubles, on the 8th day, and I know this is news to some folks, but he did not create Texas. On this, the 8th day, he created Miss Janet.

Then he needed another day off.

Thanks Jack!
Hey kid, don't ask "Who's Jack Tarlin?" :D More living trail history here too!

Miss Janet
02-10-2011, 19:42
You may not live this one down! One day you'll deny ever posting this!
She's kind of a big deal out on the trail! :D

I read this and snorted milk all over the computer! You all are toooo funny!!! But thanks for the "LOVE"!!

Hoofit
02-10-2011, 21:38
She was cooking up some fine carbs at Neels Gap last Spring- -made me remove every stitch of cotton clothing before I left, God Bless her heart.
One fine lady...

mweinstone
02-10-2011, 21:42
She was cooking up some fine carbs at Neels Gap last Spring- -made me remove every stitch of cotton clothing before I left, God Bless her heart.
One fine lady...

no comment. jester will need a copy of this for the blue book.

Speakeasy TN
02-14-2011, 05:39
I read this and snorted milk all over the computer! You all are toooo funny!!! But thanks for the "LOVE"!!

I owe WB a snort! I just about lost a keyboard to a "going commando" thread!

Seriously, you've earned all the love being piled on! That's how you became my wallpaper "postergirl"!

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 06:47
2 shopping days left shoppers! miss janets birthday comming!