PDA

View Full Version : Kelty 1 1/2 person tent

SiuWonfung
01-03-2005, 12:24
I had mentioned the AT to my cross country coach and we got to talkin. And she told me about her Kelty 1 1/2 person tent. I tried to look up the tent, but have not been able to find any information on it thus far.
Does anyone have any information on this particular tent? or experince with this tent? Will it be able to fit me and my six-foot-four friend?

grrickar
01-03-2005, 19:25
If you want a reasonably lightweight 2 man tent I would go for a MSR Zoid 2, a MSR Hubba Hubba, a Sierra Designs Meteor or a REI Half-Dome. Some two person tents require that the two people get cozy. Check them out before you buy, else you might have to sleep shoulder to shoulder with your tent mate.

Not sure about Kelty's offerings. Try their website - http://www.kelty.com/Kelty/index.cfm?fuseaction=Tents.Home

saimyoji
01-03-2005, 20:17
by I.P. Daly. The Kelty version didn't sell well because the extra half was outside, not a popular feature. Plus this particular model used super glue on set up, preventing the hiker from being able to pack up in the morning.

The I.P. Daly model comes with patent YellowRiver@ PrivyPath, eliminating the need to leave the tent to visit the privy.

I think you can find one on eBay. Just search for bridges. :D