PDA

View Full Version : Foot.

wrongway_08
02-08-2011, 18:05
So all the stupid things I do in the woods - jumping from stuff, falling, climbing, motorcross .......... and I hurt my foot at work, walking to my position in training class.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=282694&id=605769570&l=aab8a98178

Dislocated it, only tore one lig. have to see what they want to do with it when I get to the doctors.

Doesn't hurt at all, only hurt a little when it first happened. Will be finding out how its doing the 19,20,21 of Feb., when we go hiking.

kanga
02-08-2011, 19:24
nice! well done.

Skidsteer
02-08-2011, 19:39
It's only a flesh wound.

Luddite
02-08-2011, 19:43
Ouch. How does it not hurt at all?

wrongway_08
02-08-2011, 19:44
Oh yea, nothing bad at all - wasn't try'n to win an award with this little scratch :)

Just wanted to make you all look at my nasty feet!!

No pain, the paramedics got there and were being all nice and not try'n to bump it, so I tried to rotate the foot and it flopped around a bit. The guy ask how bad on a scale of 1- 10, was about a 2 when I moved it, otherwise it didn't hurt.

Been walking on it since yesterday without crutches, a little tender but no pain.

wrongway_08
02-08-2011, 19:49
Only wish I could have gotten a photo of it when it was dislocated. My foot was about 2 inches from the bottom of my leg bone and angled towards the left.

No phones or cameras allowed at work, so no photos of that. :(

Diatribe
02-08-2011, 20:56
No phones or cameras allowed at work, so no photos of that. :(

I had a feeling you worked for the NSA or some type of top notch gov't job!:cool:

Lost_Soul
02-13-2011, 09:38
Ahhhh Karma at work

wrongway_08
02-14-2011, 20:10
Ahhhh Karma at work

:o ...... :-? ......... :eek:....... :datz

jerseydave
02-14-2011, 20:14
You should use this misfortune.

Turn it into something positive.....

Look at it as an ideal time to perfect your hopping technique.

Blissful
02-14-2011, 21:25
Wow those pictures are something else. Unbelievable. Will take some time and patience to heal, I'm afraid. You go too soon on it and you could do further damage. Personally I would not hike on it now (even though you said something about the end of Feb?)

Wise Old Owl
02-14-2011, 21:49
You reminded me of my close call with Gangrene. Septicemia (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/septicemia) had set in less than three weeks and the leg & foot swelled to a huge size such as your pictures.... I wish you all the best, work close with the docs.

Lost_Soul
02-15-2011, 20:36
Dang dude, sorry you got hurt. And yes, they are nasty looking. (though, I kind of remember that from before at the GH). :^D Hopefully you'll be back out doing what you love soon enough.
So, here's to a speedy recovery. Just don't push it. You wouldn't want to ruin the trip for others by having problems part way into a hike like, say, the Deleware Water Gap. (I think that translates to ''I want to see you healed, and even though I don't know how to say it properly, I'm wishing you all the best.... your friend.") But, that's just a guess. I never did find that Better-than-thou to Idiot translation book)
Anyway, give yourself time to heal and listen to your doc (and your friends). Your friends should be there to help, not knock you down. (plus, it ain't fun trying to go it alone).
True friends are always there for you. No matter what path you end up taking. As long as you have the courage to believe and let them.