PDA

View Full Version : Neo Air - Repair

gipcgirl
02-08-2011, 18:06
I have a thermarest neo air mat and there is a leak around the valve, it is very slow the mat flattens over about 8 hours. Blow it up to max go to sleep and in the morning its flat. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Roots
02-08-2011, 18:15
contact the company about and they will either fix it or replace it.

ChinMusic
02-08-2011, 18:18
Repairs around a value on an inflatable are hard to fix (or so I'm told). I agree, contact the company. They should take care of you.

tirebiter
02-09-2011, 09:03
Are these issues common with the NeoAir? I've heard a couple complaints about it leaking. But I love sleeping on it and absolutely want to take it on my thru, if it can stay intact.

Megapixel
02-09-2011, 09:07
Hope this helps, it is a quote from an email i received:

Valves and seams are covered under warranty but punctures are not covered. If the mattress does have a puncture then we will charge a $20 repair fee for which we patch up to 10 holes. If we cannot repair your mattress then we will give you a call. If you are interested in doing this then here is a link to our return products form and additional shipping information:

http://cascadedesigns.com/Service/Warranty-and-Repair

Roots
02-09-2011, 09:36
Are these issues common with the NeoAir? I've heard a couple complaints about it leaking. But I love sleeping on it and absolutely want to take it on my thru, if it can stay intact.

I've had my neo air for about a year or so and used it TONS in that time and haven't had any problems....other than it's more comfortable than my mattress. :D

Del Q
02-09-2011, 20:43
Try putting the valve by your feet, worked for me, I think that my weight flattenned it out, this fixed 90% of the issue..............called the company, they were surprisingly un-helpful. At this price they should quickly replace them.........what a nice business they have on this one, probably costs like $10 for make, lot of R&D $$$ but...............

ChinMusic
02-09-2011, 21:26
Try putting the valve by your feet, worked for me, I think that my weight flattenned it out, this fixed 90% of the issue......
I can't see how putting the valve at your feet would fix/lesson a leak. I can see how putting the value at your feet might prevent one, as you would be less likely to disturb the valve.

Personally, I very much like having the valve near my head. I over-inflate the Neo a bit and let some air out after I am in position. I would have a harder time doing that if I had to squirm around to get to the valve at my feet.

gipcgirl
02-10-2011, 04:44
I have a thermarest neo air mat and there is a leak around the valve, it is very slow the mat flattens over about 8 hours. Blow it up to max go to sleep and in the morning its flat. Can anyone suggest how to fix this?
Thanks for the suggestions, I am starting my AT thru on the 12th of March until then I am living in Australia and will be bring my neo air with me. Maybe I will have to go without for a while if I want them to fix or replace it. I may have to buy a new one as its so comfy I don't want to be with out for the start of my hike.

gipcgirl
02-10-2011, 04:45
Thanks for the suggestions, I am starting my AT thru on the 12th of March until then I am living in Australia and will be bring my neo air with me. Maybe I will have to go without for a while if I want them to fix or replace it. I may have to buy a new one as its so comfy I don't want to be with out for the start of my hike.
Forgot to say that I bought it in the States last year.