PDA

View Full Version : 500 to Attainment Documentary

thechadders
02-08-2011, 21:55
Hi guys!

I am putting together a documentary of the colorado trail this sumer. The film is titled "500 to Attainment" and is going to follow myself and a couple other thru hikers on the CT. Not only is it going to follow the hike but its also going to give a history of the CT, towns along the way, historic landmarks, ect. I am very excited about this project and it so far has been getting alot of attention. If you want to learn more on it visit the facebook page below.

With that said, I noticed alot of people plan to hike the CT this summer. Right now I am looking for an extra hand to help make this film a reality. I already acquired two camermen who will hike with us. Just seeing if there is any interest in being part of this exciting film!

Our Facebook page : www.facebook.com/500toattainment (http://www.facebook.com/500toattainment)

Let me know if any one is interested and also if you dont mind going to the page and hitting the like button! It would really help in the next few weeks while i pursue possible sponsors!

Chad

Diatribe
02-08-2011, 22:10
Next time I get on FB I will become a fan.
Like the idea you have, can't wait to see the finished product!

Canadian Dude
02-09-2011, 18:22
When will you be out there?

thechadders
02-09-2011, 23:27
Well it all depends on how the snow plays out. Right now we are having a big year in the high country with snow so we are looking at a july 1 start date

Chubbs4U
02-10-2011, 01:50
well very cool. I have a bunch of questions for you. What are you guys shooting on? Im assuming is either really small cameras or even the 5D or 7D due to the fact that everything weighs soo much. I am actually a grip/electrician in the industry. I am not sure if your looking for a PA or what. I just got into hiking myself so a 500 mile trek might be a bit much for a first timer but you never know. I will check out the FB page but any info you have would be greatly appreciated. Also if I cant do it I know a bunch of people that may also be interested.

also a couple go pro cameras could be great.

thechadders
02-11-2011, 04:21
Yea i am not 100% clear on what camera yet but it will be smaller! excuse my lack of abbreviatins but PA?

Since your just getting in! I would say do your homework and get lightweight gear. My mistake was buying really heavy gear and had to buy a whole new set of gear because it was to heavy.

Just a pointer from my mistakes;)

300winmag
03-13-2011, 00:43
A few of us are starting from the Durango end on July 1st and going to Section 15 only by July 18th. Hope to catch you just about there.

GOOD LUCK! I'll buy the video.

BTW, my son-in-law does transfers from film to digital IF you'e actually using film. GOOGLE "Cinelicious". He's in Hollywood - yeah actually. Though your project is small, if you want him to do it I think I can nag him into it. His rates are quite reasonable compared to the other post-production studios. And his state-of-the-art equipment surpasses all the other studios

Eric