PDA

View Full Version : marmot bag rating question

pfann
02-10-2011, 18:58
I have a Marmot Aspen Mummy Long synthetic, a few years old. The bag is royal blue with yellow.

I know that the Aspen was made by Marmot for Dicks Sporting Goods but I can't find the temp rating anywhere.

Can anyone solve this mystery for me.

Thanks
-pfann

Tinker
02-10-2011, 19:00
I had a down Aspen, sold by Sierra Trading Post, which was rated to 40 degrees. Hope this helps.

TallShark
02-10-2011, 20:17
I had a down Aspen, sold by Sierra Trading Post, which was rated to 40 degrees. Hope this helps.

Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found someone else who purchased this bag. Was it, what you would consider, good quality compared to their other bags. I know marmot makes imo great bags but I didn't know if this one was going to be as good seeing as it was specifically made for dicks sporting goods. My biggest issue was that when I purchased it it was in its original stuff sack and who knows how long it had been there. I would like to know if yours was the same and if you feel as if it lofted to its full potential. Also, have you taken it out in cold weather and had any success.

And to try to answer the OP's question, I would think that it would have the temperature rating marked on the inside but I guess not, If I can remember that bag correctly I think it was 40 degrees as well but I’m not 100% sure. There was a 15 degree synthetic marmot at the same time they sold the 40 degree and I want to say they were called the same thing.

pfann
02-10-2011, 20:48
I have looked on every tag and even flipped it inside out. No luck. I did learn that I should wash it in 30C water.

hikerboy57
02-10-2011, 20:48
I have a red/gray Marmot Aspen down minimalist 40'. Last summer in the Mahoosucs, one night we figure it got into the 40s, and with mid weight fleece, long johns and an air matress, I was still cold. Its a good summer bag, but thats it, you'll need something warmer for the first month or two, as well as the whites north to Katahdin.