PDA

View Full Version : Merino Sox at Sam's

Hobbler
02-11-2011, 13:14
Hey ya'll...I thought that I would pass along to all of you that have access to Sam's Club that they have a great deal on "Hiker's Sox" They are a three pack and are available in large (men's shoe size 9-12 and women size 10-13) and medium (men's shoe size 6-9 and women size 7-10). They are Omni-Wool brand in a blend of 75% Merino Wool/24% Nylon/1% Lycra. They are $14.98 and at $5.00/pr. are a great deal. They fit great and offer a lot of cushion, support and comfort. Hurry before they are all gone!

Hobbler
02-11-2011, 18:12
Many of you are looking at the post...If you do get the sox at Sam's please post your opinion on quality, fit and value. I would, and others might be very interested in the feedback....Thanks

pfann
02-11-2011, 18:16
I have purchased and used these socks before. I think they are fine and the price is very good. I recently did two six mile daily trail hikes, wearing the omni-wool socks one day and smart-wool socks the second day. I had no problems with either brand.

Tinker
02-11-2011, 22:01
I have been using the Omni Wool socks for over a year. Their quality is very good, right up there with Smartwool, and they are comfortable as well. They are a thicker sock, more of a boot sock than a summer running shoe sock, but I've used them in trail runners for the past season. Good find.

Rocketman
02-11-2011, 22:27
For the last seven years or so, Sam's has carried excellent wool socks. The brands have differed. The quality and price are excellent.

The one exception was the year they carried socks made with that phase change material (wax) that allegedly heated your foot when cold and cooled it when hot.

That stuff never seems to work out as well as the advertisements say. When the socks and feet get real cold, the phase change heat was all changed. Then heating up the cold feet and socks is harder to do because of the needed change of phase from cold (semisolid) to warm (soft, melted wax).

I use them for winter warmth, but have stayed with traditional light wool socks for summer backpacking. I guess I am slow to change.

Rocket Jones
02-13-2011, 18:34
I've used them and they were fine. I did notice though, that the last time I found them, the boxes were printed with the incorrect size information. Check the individual packages, don't rely on the carton.

BigHodag
02-14-2011, 00:31
I bought a 3-pack of Omni-wool socks at Sam's last year for the same price. They did well on the trail during my 2-week section. They held up well and I plan to use them again this Spring.

Nice to know they're back in stock. Need to lay in a supply.

mister krabs
02-14-2011, 09:33
Our sams had them again this year after not having them last.

I picked up a pack, my two year old pairs are still doing great, no holes or wear spots. Fit and quality are great.