PDA

View Full Version : Marmot Minimalist Pants

nun
02-11-2011, 17:07
Does anyone have experience with Marmot Minimalist Pants? The are "Paclite", seam taped and have some nice features (pockets, zips etc) at a reasonable weigh 10oz.

Jedeye
02-11-2011, 17:10
I have used the Marmot Precip pants and they have held up great. Would recommend if you are in the market for rain pants. The zipper at the bottom of the pant leg was large enough for trail runners, but not my boots.

Jedeye
02-11-2011, 17:17
Actually those are pretty pricy. If you don't mind spending the money I'm sure they would be just as good, if not better than the precip pant. If you want to save a little cash, you could go for the precip.

nun
02-12-2011, 00:07
Actually those are pretty pricy. If you don't mind spending the money I'm sure they would be just as good, if not better than the precip pant. If you want to save a little cash, you could go for the precip.

I considered the old style precip, I don't really like the full length zips on the new style as water could possibly get in there. I tried the full zip precip pant on at REI just to get an idea of the fit and feel and they were fine although I actually liked the REI ultralight rain pants a bit better as REIs elements fabric feels really nice. However, I'm a big fan of marmot stuff and wondered how the minimalist pants were. I like that they are light and have a zip fly and a couple of pockets. They look good enough to wear as a regular pant around town.