PDA

View Full Version : Ed Talone

eArThworm
02-11-2011, 20:50
Anyone know anything about Ed Talone now hiking the Florida Trail? Contact info?

Spirit Walker
02-11-2011, 23:05
I've talked to him on the phone a few years ago. He's an interesting guy. He works for American Hiking Society - if you need to reach him, they would know how. Gordon Lockwood would probably also know since he walked across the country with Sue several years ago.

eArThworm
02-11-2011, 23:38
I've talked to him on the phone a few years ago. He's an interesting guy. He works for American Hiking Society - if you need to reach him, they would know how. Gordon Lockwood would probably also know since he walked across the country with Sue several years ago.

Here's the deal: Gordon Smith (Sue Lockwood's brother) is the one trying to contact Ed, because he (Gordon) and Sue were friends of Ed, and since Gordon's in Florida right now, he would love to meet up with Ed. Ed lost his job with AHS and apparently came down here to hike the Florida Trail, but his email says 'out of office' and we don't know if he's carrying a cell phone. Even knowing about 'where' he is on the FT would help.

Hikerhead
02-11-2011, 23:42
Here's the deal: Gordon Smith (Sue Lockwood's brother) is the one trying to contact Ed, because he (Gordon) and Sue were friends of Ed, and since Gordon's in Florida right now, he would love to meet up with Ed. Ed lost his job with AHS and apparently came down here to hike the Florida Trail, but his email says 'out of office' and we don't know if he's carrying a cell phone. Even knowing about 'where' he is on the FT would help.

I bet Little Bear would know. I think they were buds.

eArThworm
02-12-2011, 20:19
I bet Little Bear would know. I think they were buds.

I thought he (Little Bear) was on WhiteBlaze, but I don't see him in the members list. Do you have his email? PM me if you do.

eArThworm
02-12-2011, 20:27
Oh never mind, found it!

LadyJacket
05-19-2011, 18:42
Just ran across Ed Talone on AT at Wayah Bald Shelter and heard he was at NOC the next night. He said he was on his way to Canada after hiking 50,000 miles in his lifetime. Also told us about his article on Sue.
He said he had dislocated his shoulder a few weeks back and still seemed uncomfortable when he was at the shelter, but the group at NOC said he never complained about his shoulder.
Very energetic hiker, for sure.

Nean
05-20-2011, 05:43
Ed Talone is one of the more interesting hikers I've crossed paths with :) I don't know everybody on WB- but he has probably hiked more than any of us.:-?

Ed doesn't have a trail name.;)

Sue was special and so is Gordon.

I hope they get in touch.

Nean
05-20-2011, 05:43
Ed Talone is one of the more interesting hikers I've crossed paths with :) I don't know everybody on WB- but he has probably hiked more than any of us.:-?

Ed doesn't have a trail name.;)

Sue was special and so is Gordon.

I hope they get in touch.

Backpackingbuddy
05-24-2011, 14:11
Just met him Clingmans Dome on 5-22-2011.

SilentOne
06-21-2011, 04:03
Ed is a good week and a half to two weeks into Virginia. If you see him tell him Bill (The kid with the Indiana Jones hat) says hello.