PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Super Sale 1 Day Only

zelph
02-12-2011, 23:30
For members of Whiteblaze only.

Get 2 Mangold Mamba Super Stoves for the price of one.

One day only Monday, February 14th, 2011

Use the code word "Whiteblaze" at the paypal site in the block where it says send message to recipient.

Follow this link to the sale page at zelphs-stoveworks (http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/super-bowl-saturday-super-stove-sale.php)

icreek
02-13-2011, 13:06
What a deal, Thanks and see you on Monday !!!

zelph
02-13-2011, 19:51
This is a super deal. Make someone happy. Keep one for yourself and give one away to that special person in your life.

Fill the stove with fuel and it don't spill out. You're going to love the simplicity of this stove. Has it's own pot stand built in,one piece, ready for your pot.

JaxHiker
02-14-2011, 11:36
Ordered. Tnx!

swjohnsey
02-14-2011, 13:02
Me, too. . .

icreek
02-15-2011, 00:39
Can't wait to get them. My test this weekend with my Venom Super Stove was boiling 2 cups of tap water in under 5 minutes. Had to get a few for my buddies. What a deal !!

zelph
02-15-2011, 00:54
There still some time left.

Don't miss out on this super deal on a Super Stove.

No more 2 for 1 deals.

zelph
02-15-2011, 11:04
Thank you everyone for participating in this sale. Lots of happy campers/hikers out there.:)

JaxHiker
02-15-2011, 13:40
I'm not happy yet. Where are my stoves? :D

Now I'm going to have to wait every day waiting for the time to check the mail hoping beyond hope that I have a new package waiting. Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

Doc Mike
02-15-2011, 14:05
Very nice stove. I struggle with filling it without spilling any but that will probably get easier over time. I've only used it about 20 times so far.

Doc Mike

Red Beard
02-15-2011, 14:24
Very nice stove. I struggle with filling it without spilling any but that will probably get easier over time. I've only used it about 20 times so far.

Doc Mike

Doc,

I use a 12oz soda bottle and carry two caps with me. One is just a plain cap that came with the bottle. I use the plain cap when fuel is in transport, and the other I keep in my cook kit to use at cook-time.

It's the same type cap, but I drilled a hole in it, and stuck a small piece of plastic tubing in. I sealed around it with superglue. The hole probably isn't more than 1/8". The tubing has been bent slightly. I did this by heating it (gently) with a lighter.

This keeps me from spilling fuel, and it also works as a squeeze bottle, so I can reclaim unused fuel, when I'm done cooking.

icreek
02-15-2011, 20:46

Doc Mike

I also am learning to fill without spill... I told my 12 y/o son to be careful, pour 4 oz at a time slow... Low and behold the first time he fills it, does not spill a drop... Go figure !!!!

JaxHiker
02-15-2011, 22:48
I'm wearing out the F5 key at usps.com. :D

zelph
02-15-2011, 23:58
All stoves have been shipped.

All fuel bottles have smaller holes in the spout for easier filling. Now you have no excuse to spill/dribble:D

Read the directions. It tells where to fill the stove. Seriously, read the directions.

Take a look at my new favicon next to the url of my stove store. Click on the link zelphs-stoveworks in my signature. "Connie" designed it. She's a geek girl.

mkmangold
02-16-2011, 01:58
All stoves have been shipped.

All fuel bottles have smaller holes in the spout for easier filling. Now you have no excuse to spill/dribble:D

Read the directions. It tells where to fill the stove. Seriously, read the directions.

Take a look at my new favicon next to the url of my stove store. Click on the link zelphs-stoveworks in my signature. "Connie" designed it. She's a geek girl.

Any chance of extending the sale? Especially for those of us who prefer checks over PayPal. If I write "White Blaze" on the check, can I still get in on this deal?
BTW: once again, this is one amazing stove. I have some questions, though. Is the heat generated too high to use with a Caldera Cone? My preference of pots is the KMart Greasepot and do they make a cone for that? Would it be compatible with the Super Stove?

zelph
02-16-2011, 15:24
Any chance of extending the sale? Especially for those of us who prefer checks over PayPal. If I write "White Blaze" on the check, can I still get in on this deal?
BTW: once again, this is one amazing stove. I have some questions, though. Is the heat generated too high to use with a Caldera Cone? My preference of pots is the KMart Greasepot and do they make a cone for that? Would it be compatible with the Super Stove?

I have not tried it inside a cone. I have modified Starlyte burners to work with a cone. I would think that cutting down the pot support of the Super Stove will reduce heat output and therefore work within the confines of a cone.

The modified StarLyte was made for the Zmart Kit

Yes,I can extend the sale to all that need to purchase by check or money order. Send me a PM and I'll give my mailing address.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56087&highlight=Zmart

Bags4266
02-16-2011, 18:38
Your a class act Zelph just like the stoves you make. I have a Venom stove and everytime I break it out at the shelters people are amazed with the hole in the middle of it. Great stove over a 1000 miles and still like new.

JaxHiker
02-20-2011, 00:57
I have a Venom stove and everytime I break it out at the shelters people are amazed with the hole in the middle of it.
My stoves arrived today and I've already boiled a couple of pots of water with one of them. The hole in the middle caught me off guard too. Pretty cool to look through my stove. :D

swjohnsey
02-20-2011, 10:16
Yep, the hole in the middle thru me for a moment. Tested it and the thing will boil two cups of water on 1/2 once of fuel.

You can't see the fuel so it is hard to judge how much you have put in without some sort of measuring cup. The fuel bottle supplied is 4 ounces and a 4" long cylinder. I used a Sharpie to make lines at 1" intervals to eliminate the need for measuring cup.

zelph
02-20-2011, 12:41
Yep, the hole in the middle thru me for a moment. Tested it and the thing will boil two cups of water on 1/2 once of fuel.

You can't see the fuel so it is hard to judge how much you have put in without some sort of measuring cup. The fuel bottle supplied is 4 ounces and a 4" long cylinder. I used a Sharpie to make lines at 1" intervals to eliminate the need for measuring cup.

Marking the bottle is the first thing that everyone should do to make life easy..........I like easy.:)

I can share a report that came in today from someone that took advantage of the sale.

super stove field report- took it to the rocky summit of mt. pleasant in va. near hogcamp gap. there was a wind advisory and gusts were in the 40-50mph range. enjoyed our tea, and the stove did not blow out even with the wind screen removed. I couldn't be more impressed.

JaxHiker
02-20-2011, 19:00
Just be careful not to get alcohol on the outside of the bottle or you'll watch your markings run. :)

ETA: I must have less than optimal conditions. I have yet to get a boil on 1/2 oz. The water gets very hot but no boil. I've tried my 700ml titanium and the 900ml aluminum with the same
results.

ETA #2: Go figure. Let's chalk this up to conditions...or gremlins. Just did another test only I used 1 oz. Here's the kicker...I had a boil at 6:30. When I tested with 1/2 oz I flamed out at just under 8 min. So based on this latest test I reached a boil well within the timeframe I lasted with 1/2 oz. Not sure what the driving factor was but I can't help but believe I should've seen a boil with just 1/2 oz.

mkmangold
03-11-2011, 00:13
Mine arrived! Thanks Zelph.