PDA

View Full Version : thrukiking rabbit?

mweinstone
02-13-2011, 07:16
what product would be best advertized by a thruhiker during a thruhike? what would look good for an add campaign? something that is trying to show its durability im thinking. something they can show over and over as it survives the riggors of a thruhike. would energizer pay me to hike in a bunny suit? im looking to be a shill for the man , in order to hike at any cost.

mweinstone
02-13-2011, 07:54
just sent this to energizer

i am a well known appalachian trail hiker and want to hike in the bunny suit from georgia to maine for an add campaign and so i can eat. im out of work and food. i started a thread on whiteblaze.net titled "thruhiking rabbit?" i belive this is a great idea for you and me.

Roland
02-13-2011, 08:00
You need a manager, Matty. Someone with spell-check, who can clean-up your correspondence before you send it.

I work for bacon.

mweinstone
02-13-2011, 08:07
i think the logistics of a rabbit suit you could wear all the way demand two suits. a winter and a summer. of course this deal wont include any free batteries for you all cause that would hurt the outfitters and local buissnesses. as far as the rabbit feet, im thinking those shoes with seperate toe sections will work fine for a moderatly hiker adapted energizer bunny .i belive carrots should be a big part of this.
the gecco suit idea is a bit more involved and might attract bears.
however,.car commercials lend themselves well to the idea. a thruhiker arrives each night to his camp consisting of a different new car each night. a beautiful model opens the door , the stinky dierty hiker , cold and wet, climbs in, turns the key half way and hits the heat full blast as he opens the glove box and grabs a granola bar.he puts his chair in the recline position, sips a big gulp from the cup holder and falls asleep to the beeping of the seat belt alarm.

Roland
02-13-2011, 08:17
A fuzzy, pink bunny suit. That ought to spawn some interesting trail names.

Roland
02-13-2011, 08:19
Anyway, I bet against it. You won't make it to Neel Gap.

Bunnies are vegetarians. NO BACON!

10-K
02-13-2011, 08:22
If Energizer turns you down I would encourage you to wear the bunny suit anyway and jump for joy.

No need to waste a good bunny suit on people who don't understand.

Toolumpy
02-13-2011, 08:42
Hey you could hand out free batteries to everyone you pass, what a promotion.

swjohnsey
02-13-2011, 11:00
Trojan. . .

4eyedbuzzard
02-13-2011, 11:05
http://smartcanucks.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/advil.jpg

atraildreamer
02-13-2011, 13:47
If Energizer turns you down I would encourage you to wear the bunny suit anyway and jump for joy.

Not during hunting season! :eek: :banana

mweinstone
02-13-2011, 14:51
will any woman walk as little debbie with the wabbit?
how bout uncle ben and ma butterworth?
corporate mascots need love too ya know.
slim jim and pepermint patty?

wrongway_08
02-13-2011, 15:26
Trojan. . .

A big condom .... with reserve tip? Not sure it would work, would have to be really short to fit under trees....... we don't want thru-hikers known worldwide as short and stubby!!

What kinda of free samples will he be handing out .....:eek:

Sarcasm the elf
02-13-2011, 15:28
I think you've got a shot. What if in the contract they stated that you had to beat the drum the entire way? I could see that getting tedious. Maybe a drum shaped front back would be close enough for their liking?

Jersey Tim
02-13-2011, 16:06
What's the brand of honey that comes in a bottle shaped like a bear? Try them. A bear suit would be a riot on the trail.

Graywolf
02-13-2011, 16:19
Matt, one thing you are forgetting. You'll need to carry that drum and bang it all the way to Maine...

Wont have to worry about any bears..Thats for sure..

Or, just dress up as Sasquatch and promote beef jerky.. Have some one pass them out at roadcrossings as you are coming down the trail.. That will be a hoot..

waywardfool
02-13-2011, 17:12
REI...you can carry all the stupid yuppie hiker stuff that they push on the unsuspecting...bear bells, hiker chairs, coffee press, etc, ad naseum. Wait a minute...a few hundred do that anyway every year, ask Winton.

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 08:21
Thank you for contacting Energizer, your question/comment has been
directed to the appropriate department, and will be addressed as soon as
possible.

If your situation requires immediate attention please call toll free
800-383-7323 (M-F 8-6 CST). For medical emergencies call collect USA
202-625-3333 anytime.

You may also access technical product information via www.energizer.com
<http://www.energizer.com/> by clicking on the Technical Information
section of our website.

We look forward to assisting you.

Energizer Consumer Relations
Delete

lmao.

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 08:33
i think we all know full well what the first order of buissness in the board room of the energizer company is this morning.
i bet some beautiful executrix is laying out the plan of attack right now.
and ill bet the old gray hairless ceo's are all pounding the table chaniting ,"hike! hike! hike!" to the young womans proposal fo a new add campaign including a thruhiker.
they prolly got a whole dosea on this matthewski charicture.
their leaning towards useing jester right now. cause of his costume/hiking exsperience.
but they know in their hearts a matthewski will work fine and be less costly. jesters smart and might hold out for more money. whereass mattheski will do it for bacon and carefare.

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 08:36
plus they got pics of the j man with the wizzard.

Johnny Thunder
02-14-2011, 10:36
i'll walk as a chicken

waywardfool
02-14-2011, 11:12
Thank you for contacting Energizer, your question/comment has been directed to the appropriate department,

Makes me really wonder what the "appropriate department" would be?

kayak karl
02-14-2011, 16:04
http://planetcostume.com/images/D/d_395.jpeg

WalkingUSA
02-14-2011, 18:21
http://planetcostume.com/images/D/d_395.jpeg

If I see a giant pink rabbit on the trail I think I will laugh!!

This is the aspect I am looking forward to on the A.T. that the other trails I have hiked lacks - the almost circus aspect to it. :D

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 18:55
February 14, 2011

Case ID: 3105376

Dear Matthewski,

Thank you for contacting Energizer and for your interest in our company.

Your request has been forwarded to our Marketing Department for review. If there is interest in your request, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you for contacting Energizer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

1-800-383-7323
[email protected]
www.energizer.com
http://data.energizer.com/

what gets bacon greese out of rabbit? anyone?

snifur
02-14-2011, 19:10
if any of you think you could make a thru hike dressed as a pink rabbit, honey bear, sasquatch, coca cola bear, kool-aide man, pizza hut noid, the gecko,, tootsies Mr. Owl, or tony the tiger; i would proudly carry all the gear. all the gear. however any profits gained would have to go to the ATC and all sponsors gifts would be donated to the hikers boxes along the way. i will however only carry enough for one mascott per thruhike.

mweinstone
02-14-2011, 19:33
theres two ways this can go.one:

next,...
some guy wants to hike the appalachian trail in our bunny suit.
next,...

or,...two:

next,...
some guy wants to hike the appalachian trail in our bunny suit.
interesting..
says he'll do it for bacon and carfare.
i like it....
he says hes a well known long distance hiker.
does he say how much bacon?
a lifetime supply .
whats that come out to?.....
well, if he ate the maximum every day and if he lives to 100, about a mil.
and whats his carefare needs?.....
says he can hitch but likes to chip in for gas. bout 200$.
whats his name?
matthewski.
what the hells a matthewski? dont care,..get him in the suit and get him out there with a crew.
next....

camojack
02-15-2011, 04:43
February 14, 2011

Case ID: 3105376

Dear Matthewski,

Thank you for contacting Energizer and for your interest in our company.

Your request has been forwarded to our Marketing Department for review. If there is interest in your request, someone will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you for contacting Energizer. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

1-800-383-7323
[email protected]
www.energizer.com (http://www.energizer.com)
http://data.energizer.com/

what gets bacon greese out of rabbit? anyone?
A bear and a rabbit were both side by side, taking a $#!+ in the woods.
(Which answers the age old question, BTW: yes, bears DO!)

Anyway, the bear turns to the rabbit and asks if he has trouble with the stuff sticking to his fur; the rabbit says "no", so the bear wipes his @$$ with the rabbit. :eek:

An oldie, but goody... :D

4Bears
02-15-2011, 19:18
First rabbits then bears, I'm worried about "Moose and Squirrel" cause that would mean Borris and Natasha can't be far behind. ROFL

mweinstone
02-15-2011, 19:59
Hi Matthewski,

Thanks for following up with Energizer and for your interest in our company. We receive hundreds of wonderful requests each month and work to review and follow up with each one directly.

At this time, we are not able to help with your request. However, we do appreciate you reaching out to us and wish you the best of luck.

Best,
Erin Christ

fredmugs
02-16-2011, 10:17
Hi Matthewski,

Thanks for following up with Energizer and for your interest in our company. We receive hundreds of wonderful requests each month and work to review and follow up with each one directly.

At this time, we are not able to help with your request. However, we do appreciate you reaching out to us and wish you the best of luck.

Best,
Erin Christ

Somebody named Christ should be a little more sympathetic to your cause.