PDA

View Full Version : See you all on the trail!

WalkingUSA
02-14-2011, 12:39
March 15th is the day I start out on the A.T., heading north to Maine. I am very eager to hike this trail, one of the last big ones I have left to do before I am too old to hike anymore!

I hope someone gives me a trail name in exchange for some of my hiking knowledge, or something like that.

I am not good with computers a generational thing, so if your hiking around the 15th of March heading north, look for a tall gentleman with a flour white beard!

Pony
02-14-2011, 12:52
SOBO in March?

WalkingUSA
02-14-2011, 13:44
My first A.T. hike on the 15th will be Northbound, then in 2012 I will go SouthBound.

I am fortunate that as I have been getting older, I can savor the A.T. at a easy pace due to the beginner nature of the trail compared to many of the other trails I have hiked on.

Even though I am getting old, I am in excellent shape due to the very nature of my hobby. :)

Luddite
02-14-2011, 14:02
See ya out there! I'll be leaving here in a week or so, i think. I still don't have a start date.

Turtle Feet
02-14-2011, 17:45
You'll be a couple of days behind me, but with all your experience, you'll pass me up in no time! See you out there. :D

WalkingUSA
02-14-2011, 18:15
I probably won't be passing you, I am going to go at a very slow pace. I am taking about 6 months to do the entire trail. I have learned from experience that blasting though a trail tends to rob one of the ambiance of the actual trail. The ultimate goal of the end of the trail masks the experience.

Pony
02-15-2011, 12:00
My first A.T. hike on the 15th will be Northbound, then in 2012 I will go SouthBound.

Oops, I misunderstood your original post.:o Good luck and enjoy.

northernstorm
02-15-2011, 12:10
march 5th baby. about 17 or so days away. im getting the itch.

walkin' wally
02-15-2011, 13:55
March 15th is the day I start out on the A.T., heading north to Maine. I am very eager to hike this trail, one of the last big ones I have left to do before I am too old to hike anymore!

I hope someone gives me a trail name in exchange for some of my hiking knowledge, or something like that.

I am not good with computers a generational thing, so if your hiking around the 15th of March heading north, look for a tall gentleman with a flour white beard!

Where are you starting the trail from? Springer or the Approach Trail? I'm leaving the 14th.

What is IANST?

WalkingUSA
02-15-2011, 16:11
I am leaving from the approach trail, and IANST is the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.

http://www.nps.gov/iatr/index.htm

http://www.iceagetrail.org/

WalkingUSA
02-20-2011, 17:18
Anyone else leaving around the 15th of March?