PDA

View Full Version : GoLite Quest

KUNU
02-16-2011, 02:03
I have my eye on the GoLite Quest for my upcoming thru hike and was wondering if anybody has any experience with the pack. Is it the right pack for a thru hike? It's pretty cheap and got great reviews on backpacker.com

Thanks for the help.

leaftye
02-16-2011, 02:09
It's the right pack for someone, but only you can know if it's right for you. What fits great for lots of people may fit horribly for you. The weight is decent, the capacity is about right. Now go bring your gear to the store and try it out.

schnikel
02-16-2011, 10:01
I just got a Quest around christmas time. I have had it out once for a 4 day winter trek in Red River Gorge. The weight is good at just over 3 lbs and they say it can hold up to 45Lbs so that is a darn good ratio. That was the main reason I got one. It is a huge pack; I think the medium is 72 liters. The pack is large enough for a thru for sure.
After my trip my shoulders were really sore; more than I am used to, so I question the suspention of the pack and if enough weight gets to the waist and off the shoulders. My max weight for the trip was just under 25lbs including water and food, so I thought the pack should be able to carry that weight easily. I need to take it out again to play around with it to see if I can transfer more weight around or pack it differently.
I think it is a good pack, well made and would be good for a thru. I bought mine for a JMT thru hike in Aug.
FYI - the website is having a killer deal like 40% off packs so now is the time to buy!
Schnikel

Blissful
02-16-2011, 12:18
I tried one out the other day, no go. I was sad to ship it back but it killed my lower back and gave me sciatica. I loved the space and weight of it. I had good weight in it though to mirror the JMT (with the bear can and other stuff)

Blissful
02-16-2011, 12:20
Now go bring your gear to the store and try it out.

If you can find a store that has it. None I tried did. I had to order it online (least it had free shipping). Even my good hiker store here didn't have their spring backpacks in yet (which was strange).

Ladytrekker
02-16-2011, 13:42
I have my eye on the GoLite Quest for my upcoming thru hike and was wondering if anybody has any experience with the pack. Is it the right pack for a thru hike? It's pretty cheap and got great reviews on backpacker.com

Thanks for the help.

If you order from GoLite use coupon code BSF10 and you will 40% off. I just ordered a daypack that was 70 and got it for 47. Good until March. I hear that it also works at REI checkout but do not know for sure.

If you google golite coupon codes there are many they usually have one or two in play but the 40% off is a good one.

KUNU
02-17-2011, 01:06
Does anybody know how long the sale is going to last? Getting that pack for $105 might be too good of a deal to pass up.