PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Hole WY Question

NorthGA_Hiker
02-16-2011, 22:13
I know this is unrelated to the AT, but I thought some people here would have some good input. So here goes:

I am going on a trip to Yellowstone in August and plan to ship my pack out to the hotel we are staying in the first night in Jackson. I need to buy some bear spray, and coleman fuel when I get out there b/c those are the only 2 items I have that I can't ship.

I have never been to Jackson and I just want to make sure there will be somewhere pretty easy to find in Jackson that I can buy these 2 items. Does anyone know? If not is there anywhere between Jackson and Yellowstone to buy outdoor gear? Thanks in advance, and again I do apologize for the off topic question.

Blake Gober

HiKen2011
02-16-2011, 22:16
I know this is unrelated to the AT, but I thought some people here would have some good input. So here goes:

I am going on a trip to Yellowstone in August and plan to ship my pack out to the hotel we are staying in the first night in Jackson. I need to buy some bear spray, and coleman fuel when I get out there b/c those are the only 2 items I have that I can't ship.

I have never been to Jackson and I just want to make sure there will be somewhere pretty easy to find in Jackson that I can buy these 2 items. Does anyone know? If not is there anywhere between Jackson and Yellowstone to buy outdoor gear? Thanks in advance, and again I do apologize for the off topic question.

Blake Gober

I've been there and you should have no problems. Hiking/backpacking is big business in the area.

ShaneP
02-16-2011, 23:06
You wont have any trouble

S

randyg45
02-17-2011, 09:41
Jackson, Moran Junction, inside YNP.... you might have trouble finding a store that doesn't carry those two items. Where in YNP are you hiking? My ATF trout hole is in the Black Canyon of the Yellowstone.... which is also a great hike...

NorthGA_Hiker
02-17-2011, 22:50
Hey Randy

I am hiking the Lamar River trail. We are starting at the Pelican Cove trail, hiking the Mist Creek Trail to Lamar River and then coming out on the East Entrance Road. Glad to know that I am not going to have a problem finding fuel or bear spray.

Blake

Press
02-17-2011, 23:25
You might not have any trouble finding the bears either. We were out there last summer and loved it!

WY Fan
02-17-2011, 23:58
Even Jackson has a Walmart

randyg45
02-18-2011, 08:46
Another favorite. I hope you get to see the wolves. My nephew and I hiked the Lamar River Trail 4 or 5 years ago in hopes of seeing or hearing them. We did see a number of tracks....

Powder River
02-19-2011, 10:21
In Jackson, bear spray comes in Happy Meals from McD's, and you can usually find fuel canisters in the bear scat.