PDA

View Full Version : Neoair Trekker vs. Big Agnes Insulated Air Core

Scratch
02-17-2011, 09:53
I've been thinking about selling my Big Agnes pad and getting the Neoair Trekker. My question is: is it worth the 5 oz I would save to pay more to get the Neoair? Does anyone have any opinion regarding either pad that would make up my mind?

STICK
02-17-2011, 10:35
You do know that the Neo Trekker has a lower temp rating right? To swap the BA IAC out I would wait for the All Season Neo. As far as comfort, IMO, the Neos take it hands down but this will vary from person to person.

takethisbread
02-17-2011, 11:25
I've been thinking about selling my Big Agnes pad and getting the Neoair Trekker. My question is: is it worth the 5 oz I would save to pay more to get the Neoair? Does anyone have any opinion regarding either pad that would make up my mind?

I have both, i never use the Big Agnes. I think its def worth it. lighter, more comfortable and most importantly, easier to break down in the morning.

The BA is my back up.

Bags4266
02-17-2011, 11:53
You do know that the Neo Trekker has a lower temp rating right? To swap the BA IAC out I would wait for the All Season Neo. As far as comfort, IMO, the Neos take it hands down but this will vary from person to person.

I'm waiting on this one too, I also have my eye on the POE Peak Elite AC air pad. This just came out and waiting for some feedback. 19 oz for a full size mummy with a R-4.4

NCarolinaHiker
02-17-2011, 11:56
I'm with Stick. The Neo Air Trekker has HALF the R value (2.0) than the IAC (4.1). The only comparative factor between the two is that they're both inflatables. Other than that, you're selling an apple for an orange. I'd wait for the all season Neo Air, or understand that half the warmth of my sleep system will be immediately lost with the Trekker.