PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze Website Connection Woes

DapperD
02-19-2011, 01:20
I notice many times lately when I attempt to post on Whiteblaze or navigate the site my posts and/or the website either freezes up or become lost altogether. When the website becomes frozen and it will not allow me to navigate, I usually disconnect from it and try to reconnect, however my browser states then that it is not there. After a while it begins to finally work again. I was wondering if anyone else is currently experiencing this problem:-??

vamelungeon
02-19-2011, 01:24
I just have trouble with it being slow and timing out. I don't know if becoming a subscriber would fix that, but I might become one if it would.

Iceaxe
02-19-2011, 01:25
I thought it was just me! I have the same troubles.
What i do is right click and copy my posts before i send them to WB so that if it crashes I can just log back in and paste the post... LOL Paste posting!(Copyright..trademark..etc!)
Anyhow about every 2 times in 10 I get a crash trying to log in to WB.
Usually I can tell if it's gonna crash cause it slows way down.

The only other website that does this is the Mountain Laurel Design website. Same exact thing. Sometimes It just ain't there.

Small price to pay for domination of the earth i guess. :sun

LordoftheWings
02-19-2011, 01:59
I'm with you too. Each time I try to reply I must copy the entire thing, Re-log in, paste then post. Slightly inconvenient If you forget to do it.

crazystick
02-19-2011, 03:26
I noticed that the site is always down for me around 1:50am or around 2am.

Venture Owl
02-19-2011, 05:38
Probably server back ups or maintenance. I usually see it in the middle of the night too.

10-K
02-19-2011, 08:30
I cannot use WB about 50% of the time from my work computer - freezes up.

Sometimes I can stop the browser and reload the page and it *might* work. No problems anywhere else.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2011, 12:55
Never had a problem - because I don't pay for cable....

XFINITY sucks.

Vios Rules.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2011, 13:06
all kidding aside you are describing a Explorer or Browser problem, possibly on a 3-4 year old or more computer.

Last year I too had the same problems that you described so I have taken my laptop and backed up everything onto a seperate drive about 20 megs of doucurments, photo, and music. Then I took it to Second Source where, they wiped the drive and replaced the OS. I reinstalled the printer, and a few programs and the Firewall. I then switched to Modzilla Firefox, and it was like getting a new computer. My backup drive moved the documents and photos back to the main drive ovenight and life is good.

Over time the Registrys get messed up, hidden tracking features in Explorer slow you down, I learned to turn them off. I allow Google tool bar to install, but I turn that off, so it can't install again. Then duplicated everything onto my wifes computer in case this crashes.

LordoftheWings
02-19-2011, 13:10
I use firefox and winders :) 7. The only issue is with this site. Basically times out.

Old Hiker
02-19-2011, 13:13
all kidding aside you are describing a Explorer or Browser problem, possibly on a 3-4 year old or more computer.

Last year I too had the same problems that you described so I have taken my laptop and backed up everything onto a seperate drive about 20 megs of doucurments, photo, and music. Then I took it to Second Source where, they wiped the drive and replaced the OS. I reinstalled the printer, and a few programs and the Firewall. I then switched to Modzilla Firefox, and it was like getting a new computer. My backup drive moved the documents and photos back to the main drive ovenight and life is good.

Over time the Registrys get messed up, hidden tracking features in Explorer slow you down, I learned to turn them off. I allow Google tool bar to install, but I turn that off, so it can't install again. Then duplicated everything onto my wifes computer in case this crashes.

Got rid of Explorer - got Firefox - ran Norton utilities/disk scan/etc. and this cleaned up a LOT of my problems. My computer is several years old: locked up, ran slow, etc. Same thing - like a new computer. Never had a problem with White Blaze, though.

beartripper
02-19-2011, 14:17
I began experiencing this problem about a month ago. A person could post and then later the post would be gone. In a way I am glad to hear that others have been having this problem because I thought it was something else.

mweinstone
02-19-2011, 21:20
the keystroke copy program the cia is running on my computer has a send path thru the site and due to pirated wifi is being defeated but in its attempt to recoupe information it has bottlenecked other users at random in a defray program it uses to hide itself.

all in a day of being matthewski. all in a day.
my illegal aliens working in my super secret sub teranian lex lutherlike lair are working to resolve this.

Roland
02-19-2011, 21:30
There are a few different issues being discussed here:

1. Time-out can be resolved by checking "Remember Me" box upon login.
2. Screen-freeze is a problem with your local computer, not WB.
3. I've noticed WB does go offline, daily, at approximately 2:00 AM EST, for about 10 minutes. I assume this is a scheduled back-up, reboot, or other maintenance service.

beartripper
02-19-2011, 22:39
Just happened again

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2011, 23:27
looking back on this thread, don't forget to clean the history, the downloads, the temporary files and switch off all instant messengers by deleting them.