PDA

View Full Version : REI Minigators Q seeks A

Sergemaster
02-19-2011, 14:15
Greetings all,

With Spring right around the corner, I thought it would be a great time to pick up a piece of new gear, so I decided to try out a pair of REI minigators that I found online at a reasonable price online..

The problem is, I'm not sure how to use them. Sure I'm familiar with leggings via the WW2 variety, but these seem to be a little more tricky.

Plus the fact that they didn't come with any instructions, and I haven't been able to find any online via REI either..

Here are the specs, they have a snap and Velcro closure, a hook in the front which I believe would attach to the top lace of your boot, a pair of grommets for an understrap possibly, plus a few loop tabs located at the top and bottom of each gator..

Can anyone assist me in the proper use of these before they are given a life sentence and relegated to the back of the gear closet?

Cheers,
Serge

keepinitsimple
02-27-2011, 21:11
Hey, Thanks for reminding me about the leggings from Navy Basic- totally forgot about them. You are onthe right track with what you figued: Grommet on bottom, hook in to lace. I do not have that one, mine are just called minigator. Velcro shoud face to toes. I never used the grommet to lace under my foot. I do use another, larger gator with a belt strap down there. Good Luck.