PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle from Erwin to Johnson City, TN

baldknobber
02-20-2011, 13:38
Looks like I have to modify my section hike next month. Instead of Springer to Damascus, I'll have to cut it short in Erwin. Does anyone know of a shuttle service in Erwin that can take me to the Greyhound station in Johnson City?

The Cleaner
02-20-2011, 13:42
Uncle Johnny's......right on the trail before you cross the river...

Praha4
02-20-2011, 16:39
there's also a private taxi driver in Erwin and Johnson City that's very reasonable. I used him twice last year to get from Erwin to the Johnson City Greyhound station. He's in the local phone book up there, and also left some business cards at the lobby of some of the motels and also posted his card to trees at the AT road crossings in the area.

10-K
02-20-2011, 16:47
I'll be out of town from March 14th - 18th and I have another shuttle lined up for March 8th but if you'll be finishing outside those dates I can help you.

baldknobber
02-21-2011, 22:18
I'll be out of town from March 14th - 18th and I have another shuttle lined up for March 8th but if you'll be finishing outside those dates I can help you.

Thanks for the offer 10-k. I'm not leaving Springer until March 16th, so I am figuring on 4 weeks to complete this section, getting into Erwin around the middle of April.