PDA

View Full Version : Thru Hikers for film

Heycampbell
02-20-2011, 15:18
Hey guys,

I'm currently in the middle of planning a documentary about AT thruhikers. I've never stepped foot on the trail myself, but have always been a little fascinated by the idea of a thru hike.

Right now, I'm looking for people who want to tell the story of their thru hike, even if you ended up not completing it in one go. Why you wanted to, what kept you going, would you do it again? If you've done multiple hikes, I really want to speak to you!

I'm also looking for people who are planning a thru hike for 2012. I want to get out on the trail with you for some of it.

Let me know if you would be interested in telling your story on film.

Heycampbell

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 15:30
heycambell, welcome! respect. word up. most of the hikers on this site have agents and long term contracts and endorsments an have written boos and have publishers and speak publicly and have speech writters. it may not be the best place to get storys.but certinly worth the try. good luck , sounds great.

Torch09
02-20-2011, 15:33
I would suggest doing some trail magic. Sit at a road crossing with a bunch of food and wait for the hikers to come to you.

Turtle Feet
02-20-2011, 15:36
Will work for Snickers :D

Roland
02-20-2011, 15:38
Matthewski will work for: cooked confections concealed cleverly as cake

No spaghetti. He's got pasta coming out his ears.

hobbs
02-20-2011, 15:42
I think you also need to talk to lonewolf! He's done 9. From what I have read and he has met all the trail people you may need to talk too. IMO. I would include trail angels in that as well...They go out of their way for hikers...

TheChop
02-20-2011, 15:42
I would suggest hiking. Research is important in a documentary. There's no reason to skimp on the research here.

Blissful
02-20-2011, 15:47
How, when, where do you plan to film? Need some more particulars on this project. Might be good perhaps to do some of it at Trail Days in May.

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 15:47
if i were heycambell i would make my hikeumentry in damascus focusing on lwolf and next the hikers about him. it would open with wild drunken hiker dancing at traildays around miss janets firering. cut to other fire ring talks and make it all at night around fire rings. edit all the hikers who make it from all their fireside chats and put together 6 who make it.

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 15:51
just strap a camera on me and from a remote location turn the camera. ill hike for you. dont worry.

Roland
02-20-2011, 15:52
Yep. You can count on 2 or 3 words from Lone Wolf.

You want words? Fireworks? Warren and Jack

mweinstone
02-20-2011, 16:04
of course the smart thing to do is let me hike for you.and pay for everything. plus stuff to give out. i dont hike without magic. period. final offer.

Heycampbell
02-21-2011, 14:45
Yeah, a big part of my plan is to hang out at a few different shelters, doing a few angelic deeds myself, and meet people. Also hiking the NY section this summer. Next year, I'm going to try follow/intermittantly meet up with some folks for the full stretch. Trying to gain the funding for that part now

Trail magic is going to def be a part of the film, so if you know any super awesome angels, let me know. I want to talk about what keeps people going, why only 25% actually complete it.

What's trail days? How can I be a part of that?

hobbs
02-21-2011, 14:57
Two trail Angels I know of post here just from reading is Trail Angelmary and Landshark. Landshark does trail magic all over virginia besides shuttleing. He's going to trail day's.It's in Damascus VA. PM him and ask for details. I will be on my thru hike. I hope you get a grant to make this...

Jim Adams
02-21-2011, 23:27
Just hike with a camera yourself...you will learn and film everything that you need.

geek

Torch09
02-21-2011, 23:35
What's trail days? How can I be a part of that?

http://www.traildays.us/ :welcome