PDA

View Full Version : new version of REI sahara pants

gtg
02-22-2011, 14:56
I have had good luck with 3 pairs of the old style of REIs sahara zip off pants, using both for major hikes and casual wear, with the oldest being the one pair that stood up the best and longest. It is time though to replace them. On REIs own web sight there really are mixed reviews on the new style the ones with the no sit zips they call them. Any one have experience with the new versions?

Skidsteer
02-22-2011, 15:01
I like the new style better than the old ones. They are much easier to convert because the leg zips go all the way up.

bigcranky
02-22-2011, 15:05
I have a pair. The whole "no sit" thing is hilarious -- I've never needed to sit down to take off my pant legs, or even my whole pants. Just pick up yer foot and take off yer pants.

In any case, aside from some added complexity to the zipper, the new Saharas are fine. Nice light fabric, fits me well, etc.

ki0eh
02-22-2011, 15:10
I got a new pair when I wanted another one and only then noticed the change to the zipper. Although I also preferred the old Fastex type belt buckle I like the new ones about as well as the old. I think I'm still between sizes.

SmokyMtn Hiker
02-22-2011, 15:19
I just returned a pair of the new ones today at the Asheville, NC REI because the zipper on the leg broke the first time I went to zip the leg back on. I wore them numerous times as shorts and thought they worked great overall but I guess I will determine that on this second pair.

Singletrack
02-22-2011, 16:49
I have had good luck with 3 pairs of the old style of REIs sahara zip off pants, using both for major hikes and casual wear, with the oldest being the one pair that stood up the best and longest. It is time though to replace them. On REIs own web sight there really are mixed reviews on the new style the ones with the no sit zips they call them. Any one have experience with the new versions?

I have had several of the older style, and like them. The newer version, did away with the built in belt, and added 1 1/2 inch to the inseams. I tried a pair on, and I looked like a rapper. I complained to REI. Hopefully they will change back to the old style.

ki0eh
02-22-2011, 17:21
I did notice that the new version has different inseam lengths.

Spirit Walker
02-22-2011, 18:51
I wondered why my pants legs were dragging. I thought I'd shrunk.