PDA

View Full Version : Time out

vamelungeon
02-23-2011, 11:10
Just about every time I'm browsing Whiteblaze and click on a thread, "new posts" or a general topic, there is quite a wait before anything comes up on the screen, and frequently I get an error message saying "The connection has timed out. The server is taking too long to respond" or something similar.

It's not logging me out. I usually have to hit the reload button on my browser a few times and eventually I'll be able to read the forum. Is there anything that can be done or is it something I have to live with? :confused:

The server at www.whiteblaze.net is taking too long to respond.

Slo-go'en
02-23-2011, 11:53
I never have problem with responce time. Quick like a bunny. Are you on dial up or broadband? Could be your ISP is really crappy and has limited bandwidth. Or could be a problem with your PC.

vamelungeon
02-23-2011, 19:27
No, I have high speed internet service. Funny thing though, I'm using my blackberry and there's no problem. Maybe its a setting in firefox.

N9ZSY
02-23-2011, 19:45
No issues on Firefox or IE here... Both on my work network (10gig/sec) as well as cable at home (22 meg/sec)... I do have issues around midnight Eastern when I work nights, but that is a database error... I think the host server is doing back ups, etc...

DapperD
02-23-2011, 20:04
I started a thread a little while back describing some issues I was experiencing:http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69629 I know around 2 a.m. the site must shut down for awhile for routine maintenance, updating etc...as I usually lose the connection with the site around that hour for a little while. I also don't want to sound like a complainer because for all the little connection problems, the site is actually quite advanced and a wealth of great information and entertainment:sun

vamelungeon
03-03-2011, 23:15
Well, I've tried everything I know to fix the problem with no luck. It's not my computer or my internet service, I've changed every setting I can think of. I tried turning off adblock, it didn't work. I'm at my wit's end.
It really makes reading the forums here difficult and time consuming. It's not because of a server being down, it does this all the time. I only have this problem on this website.
Any suggestions on what might be the problem and how to fix it would be appreciated.

DapperD
03-04-2011, 00:25
Well, I've tried everything I know to fix the problem with no luck. It's not my computer or my internet service, I've changed every setting I can think of. I tried turning off adblock, it didn't work. I'm at my wit's end.
It really makes reading the forums here difficult and time consuming. It's not because of a server being down, it does this all the time. I only have this problem on this website.
Any suggestions on what might be the problem and how to fix it would be appreciated.

No, I have high speed internet service. Funny thing though, I'm using my blackberry and there's no problem. Maybe its a setting in firefox.Possible it is your browser Firefox itself. I know I read that even though Firefox has advantages over Internet Explorer for those running (and assuming you are using) Windows(one being supposedly more security) there are some disadvantages. One of those is that Firefox is not as compatable as Internet Explorer is when running Windows Systems, and certain websites may not be as functional. This is because Internet Explorer was created just for use with Windows. And for what it is worth, I have Internet Explorer 8 and although not too slow, there can be/are some issues with loading pages and issues with losing prepared posts that I have experienced on this website.

vamelungeon
03-04-2011, 08:23
I've been using Firefox for years and I HATE to use explorer but I guess I'm going to have to try it.

vamelungeon
03-04-2011, 08:26
Yep, it's Firefox! IE is lightning fast. I guess I'll be using two browsers.

attroll
03-06-2011, 22:06
I have been using Google's Chrome browser for months now and love it.

N9ZSY
03-07-2011, 18:31
Yep, it's Firefox! IE is lightning fast. I guess I'll be using two browsers.

Interesting... I'm using Firefox version 3.6.14 and the only issue I've ever had is during the server back-ups...

I use it on both my cable modem at home as well as on both my work networks (standard 10/100 and a 10 gig/sec fiber connection)...

WingedMonkey
03-08-2011, 23:00
Interesting... I'm using Firefox version 3.6.14 and the only issue I've ever had is during the server back-ups...

I use it on both my cable modem at home as well as on both my work networks (standard 10/100 and a 10 gig/sec fiber connection)...

I have no problems with Firefox either. It's all I use now on this PC.