PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 equinox tarp

HiKen2011
02-23-2011, 20:57
I spent the night in this shelter last night and was really surprised at how much warmth stayed in the shelter (front open). It was around 35 degrees here last night. I really like this shelter for the money.

On another note my main reason was to see how warm or cold I would be in my Marmot pounder 40 degree bag with a silk liner and terramar top and bottom (lightweight). I stayed reasonably comfortable and slept well until around 4:30 this morning. It was hard to get up and walk in the cold and in the house. All that being said for everyone considering a 40 degree bag for their thru hike (and from several posts on here there are) don't do it! You'll freeze. I doubt anyone could carry enough clothing to stay warm in one in early spring.:eek:

Pioneer Spirit
02-23-2011, 21:11
I got by one night in a 40* Marmot minimalist inside of a Hubba when the temperature dropped into the upper 20's. With Long-Johns and all, it was to uncomfortable and I awoke frequently.

daddytwosticks
02-24-2011, 08:32
The equinox tarp is a great shelter for the money. I've had one for years. Good service. :)