PDA

View Full Version : Pa

GeneralLee10
02-23-2011, 22:40
I hope all you NOBO and SOBO hikers this year have fun in PA all 250+/- miles of it. If your feet don't hurt by the end then your a tuff SOB:sun

Blissful
02-23-2011, 23:10
Ha ha thanks. I do it in April to May to finish my SOBO.

Did I see you in VA last April? I think so. Not far out of Bland. I saw a few buds of yours in New England and they said you had gotten off (an injury or something?).

Pony
02-24-2011, 15:14

Did I see you in VA last April? I think so. Not far out of Bland. I saw a few buds of yours in New England and they said you had gotten off (an injury or something?).

You probably did. I stayed with General Lee at Trimpi and Partnership last April, and somehow missed you at Bland. You signed into a shelter the same day I stayed there. Either way, I got to meet you during my people watching marathon on Mt. Washington around mid August.:)

GeneralLee10
02-24-2011, 22:14

Ha! yes I did meet you. I remember we were singing and yelling really loud correct? You I think were sitting on a rock in the shade taking a break, I think. If I'm correct it was me Floweasy & Wildman.
I got off not for an injury, but had to come home to help the wife. We have a child together and she has something going on in her brain. A cyst on her pineal gland, a ton of severe headaches, bad bad heat flashes, gets sick to her stomach. However, she pushes on every single day. I thank her so so much for even telling me/letting me go on the hike.
Heck I called her at Galehead Hut she was not doing good for 4 days in a row and she told me not to come home and finish. It hurt so bad(to leave the trail) but I did what I felt was right. Ya know, the trail has been there for many years before I was born and will be for many more to come.

Blissful
02-24-2011, 22:46
Yep, that was me. :)

Wow what a touching story. I might write about that somehow (I'm a fiction author on the side when not hiking and always looking...). Thanks for sharing

Blissful
02-24-2011, 22:47
. Either way, I got to meet you during my people watching marathon on Mt. Washington around mid August.:)

Yeah that was great! :)