PDA

View Full Version : Food mail drops

Grasshopper2011
02-24-2011, 20:13
My handbook is not here yet and I plan to spend some time reading over the resupply info found on this site, but this question has not been asked in the forum it seems it belongs:

If you only did (or wish you only did) 2-5 mail drops, where would you want them?

I plan to buy as I go for the most part but have some home made meals for the stretches where a major resupply is needed (4+ days) and the shopping options are limited.

Thanks!

Blissful
02-24-2011, 20:36
Actually its been asked many times, even if its been in the wrong forums. The answers would be the same. :)

I'd want one at NOC, possibly Fontana Dam (though there seems to be a good shuttle to town for NOBOs) Harpers Ferry, Port Clinton, Glencliff, Caratunk off the top of my head. I'd do a search on the topic

Ron Haven
02-24-2011, 23:37
My handbook is not here yet and I plan to spend some time reading over the resupply info found on this site, but this question has not been asked in the forum it seems it belongs:

If you only did (or wish you only did) 2-5 mail drops, where would you want them?

I plan to buy as I go for the most part but have some home made meals for the stretches where a major resupply is needed (4+ days) and the shopping options are limited.

Thanks!This site list addresses to send your drops (http://appalachiantrailservices.com/)