PDA

View Full Version : Awesome deal on MSR Hubba Hubba thru REI

stonedflea
02-26-2011, 18:30
hey y'all!

i posted on the BPL forum about wanting to buy a used msr hubba hubba, and a guy replied about a clearance deal that REI is having on last year's model. $169 for the tent and $30 for the footprint!!

i just bought a brand new, older model hubba hubba for $225 and that included the tent, footprint, and REI membership that provided free shipping. shipping would have been $13, so i guess technically it could be right at $205 if you already have a membership.

i'm so excited. =D

i had to call all the way out to california to get a hold of the tent. i called the store in asheville and she told me to either call the brentwood, ca or chula vista, ca store. she also mentioned antioch, but i don't see it as a store in california, or perhaps i misheard her.

just thought i'd share! =)

Hangman
02-28-2011, 22:24
do you know if they have any more or have a # to call?

FritztheCat
02-28-2011, 23:05
That's a great tent! It's what I'm taking on my thru.

double d
03-01-2011, 00:18
Congrats on your great deal! REI is the best, truly a great company.

stonedflea
03-01-2011, 08:50
hangman..

check out rei's website and click "find a store". call your nearest one and check with someone in camping.

if you're interested, the item number of the tent is #7815110015 and the number for the footprint is #7627280014. :)

Hangman
03-09-2011, 15:32
Thanks ... Do you know the difference between the carbon reflex 1 and the Hubba? I know they are a pound different in weight and the Hubba is free standing. I always have used a hammock and am doing the JMT this summer with 2 tenters and will use a tent first time out there. I'm familar with the Hubba seen plenty of them on the At in 07. The carbon reflex has my interest because its only 2lbs.what does not free standing mean? I'm guessing the corners need to be staked down first, and is that a hassel? What would most people chose the reg.Hubba or the carbon reflex if price was not an issue and why!

darkage
03-22-2011, 20:37
I just spent the weekend out with my new carbon reflex 2 ... yes you need to stake the corner's down but that is not a problem, even out here in rock hell we call pennsylvania ... had 20mph winds with no issue's, i paid $250 for it off SAC dot com ... it replaced a SD lightning 2 ... trail weight is 2 lbs 13 ounces ... works for me.