PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail Hikers of Colorado - join our meetup group!

gina811
02-27-2011, 02:06
I hiked 1400 miles last year on the AT going SOBO, and then decided to move to CO. Loving the mountains and being in the wilderness, a big change from Chicago! I am trying to meet like-minded people and have some fun, so I created a meetup group for AT hikers that reside in CO.

Here is a link to the group/event: http://meetu.ps/GxVQ

Our first event is Wednesday, March 9th at 6:30pm MST at Mountain Sun for swapping stories over brewskis.

Join us if you can and pass on to anyone applicable!

Happy Trails,

Day Tripper
aka Gina :)

Mags
02-27-2011, 02:26
I usually go to SoSun or OB *after* hikes and skis.

:D

Good luck...think you'll enjoy your new home. I try to get out as much as I can. :)

There are many of us in Colorado who have hiked the long trails...

If you backcountry ski, you are welcome to join us for the outings. If not, ping me come Spring and I'll shoot you e-mails as we get together for hikes. :) The beauty of Colorado is that you'll find that many of the experienced outdoors people are NOT thru-hikers..just cool people who love the outdoors.

gina811
02-27-2011, 11:36
Sounds good! I would backcountry ski but I don't own skis yet...next year :)
I would love to meet you and your group sometime tho :) come to the event or let me know when you all hit up a local watering hole in boulder after hitting the mtns :) shootme a txt 8473610506. Yeah AT in CO!

max patch
02-27-2011, 13:33
For all you Colorado people....

Was at the Credit Union yesterday and they have a large screen that displays facts, riddles, jumbled up words - something to keep us occupied while we wait.

This factoid came across the screen: "The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado."

Never really thought about but I suppose it makes sense.

gina811
02-28-2011, 15:56
interesting factoid!
man there aren't many AT hikers in CO huh?
I am not having a lot of luck w/this rallying!
Boo.