PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the "Hang" 4/29, Pine Grove, PA ?

jerseydave
02-27-2011, 13:14
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=28086 (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28086)

Just asking cause I just reserved a tent site at the campground for me and a few friends.

I'm considering the options of hammock hangin and need an education.
Figured it sounded like a good time and hopefully a good place to learn and meet new friends.

Anyone going?

jd

Helios
02-27-2011, 13:17
I'll be there doing a hammock hang contest/give away with a Henessey hammock mod w/whoopie slings. It's shaping up to be a very nice event with lots of stove making, flint knapping, hammocks, and more!

johnnybgood
02-27-2011, 14:57
I'm marking my calender JD , hope to make it.

jerseydave
02-27-2011, 16:09
I'm marking my calender JD , hope to make it.

That'd be very cool, I think I may have a spot at my site for you providing they let us set up a couple tents (unless your hangin).
Just emailed Hobbs back..... he was asking about the dates for us possibly meeting him. I'll let him fill you in from here.

Make the PA thing happen!

jd

ki0eh
02-27-2011, 17:29
Guess I should check HF more often - not sure if I can go.

Worth noting that the hang is in Pine Grove FURNACE State Park, south of Harrisburg - a different place than Pine Grove, which is also beside the A.T., but north of Harrisburg.

jerseydave
02-27-2011, 17:33
Guess I should check HF more often - not sure if I can go.

Worth noting that the hang is in Pine Grove FURNACE State Park, south of Harrisburg - a different place than Pine Grove, which is also beside the A.T., but north of Harrisburg.

PINE GROVE FURNACE, PA

I knew that but got lazy due to space when typing the title.
I wasn't aware of the possible confusion however (didn't know of PG)
Thanks,

jd

Trillium
02-28-2011, 02:43
shucks, I'd love to go but that's the weekend of my daughter's shower.

Chubbs4U
02-28-2011, 02:54
Sounds like some fun could be had.

jerseydave
02-28-2011, 09:13
I'll be there doing a hammock hang contest/give away with a Henessey hammock mod w/whoopie slings. It's shaping up to be a very nice event with lots of stove making, flint knapping, hammocks, and more!

If you have a newbie contest, with the slowest hanger taking the prize...... I may be qualified to enter.

See you there,

jd

ki0eh
02-28-2011, 11:03
If you have a newbie contest, with the slowest hanger taking the prize...... I may be qualified to enter.

No, I would get that - the fumble/futz factor has driven me back to the ground for the most part. :)