PDA

View Full Version : Ran into a 2010 AT thru now hiking FT

Ladytrekker
02-27-2011, 19:00
I was hiking about 16 miles of the FT this weekend along the Suwannee River and met a young man called "Cope" he said he hiked the AT last year is now hiking the FT end to end.

If anyone remembers him he is doing well and is about 2/3 complete with this trail. He says he is going to do the PCT next year.

mistiaggie
03-15-2011, 16:38
Good to hear other '10ers were out on the FT this year. There were four of us, including my husband and I, that finished late Feb/early March on the FT this year.

Ladytrekker
03-22-2011, 11:47
This guy has a trailjournal and he posted that he finished the FT on March 15th and was heading up to Ga to hike the AT again. He is a hiking fool. Good luck to him. It was nice to see a thru on the FT. I hope that someday soon they can get around the road walking I heard that is the main downside. I know I have done a few miles on asphalt transitioning along this trail but I am only section hiking and done about 200 miles of the FT mostly North Florida.

ERNMAN
03-22-2011, 13:02
I just came back from Fla... Was able to hike some of The Fla Trail thru Ocala.... met a thru Eric from San Diego and two others that had finished their thru and was just hiking the Ocala section on their way back... They were April Showers and Diamond Dave. We shared some inclement weather at Juniper Springs together...