PDA

View Full Version : Granola Recipe (or any other quick making snack)

DVNDSN
02-28-2011, 15:33
Okay, I would like to have a few Granola Recipes to make and take with me to the Smokies next week. Anyone wanting to share the good stuff is more than welcome to (along with any other quick recipe for a good snack!). I have an Atmos 65 pack, and I'd like to put the Granola or other recipe in a ziplock bag and put that in my waist-belt zipper-pouch. Thanks!

royalusa
02-28-2011, 16:11
I use this granola recipe and like it:

3 cups of old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons of butter
2 cups of dried cranberries
1 cup of flaked coconut
1 cup of slivered almonds
2 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of honey

Directions

Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
Spread onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 200 degrees F. for 1 hour or until top is golden brown. Stir twice with a wooden spoon during baking.
Cool after removing from the oven

DVNDSN
03-06-2011, 16:50
I made it last night, only took out the coconut (for my wife), and added chocolate chips and a little extra honey. VERY good recipe! Thanks royal

hobbs
03-06-2011, 17:37
this is from Laurie Anne March's book a Fork on the Trail
1cup of Dates honeydates or medjools
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/8 cup carob or Cocoa powder
1/8 tspn Cinnamon
A tiny pnch of Cayenne pepper to taste( very small pinch)
3/4 cup whole salted almonds
Pulse the dates and 1/4 cup dired cherries in a food processor and add spices and carob powder.Grind down to a thick paste.. toast the almonds in a non stick pan to fragrant. Don't burn them..Add them to the Date mixture and chop them in. Take the blade out of the processor and add the Remaining dried cherries.. Line a square pan with plastic wrap.. Press the mixture into the pan and refrigerate for One Hour..Take the pan out flipp the pan on a cutting board and cut in to pieces..
Tip- Wipe your knofe with a hot water soaked towel. Between cuts.

These are really good made them and they will last you a few days and very healthy to..Made them this winter when I was day hiking..

pcasebere
03-09-2011, 09:54
I've come up with something that I like, early morning, mid-day, or high on a mountain. I've posted it else where, so here's the link (http://meyeco.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/java-nut-date-bar/) -leave a message there if you give it a whirl.

pcasebere
03-09-2011, 09:55
P.S. The Indian Heaven Snacks are also very good!