PDA

View Full Version : Offer to shuttle starting Thru Hikers from Atlanta weekends of March 4-6 and 11-13

Walking Thunderbird
02-28-2011, 18:47
(I posted this in the shuttles/trail heads forum, but I thought I'd also post it here)

This may be a little bit late for people who like to plan things ahead (unlike myself). However, after noticing several people in the forums having trouble figuring out how to get from the Atlanta airport to the trailhead, I thought I'd offer up my assistance. If you'll chip in gas money, I'd be willing to drive starting thru hikers up to Amicalola from the Atlanta airport the next two weekends.

About me:
Hiker name is Thunderbird. 09 SOBO thru-hiker, GATC member, 27. I live in midtown Atlanta, work full-time (which is why the offer is for the weekends). Generally easy-going. If you're getting during the afternoon or later, I can also provide a place to crash Fri or Sat night, and we can head up to north GA in the morning. I thoroughly enjoyed my thru hike and I'd like to help out any other thru hikers in any way that I can, and trade stories.

If anyone's interested, send me a PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

Blue Butterfly
02-28-2011, 22:07
I'm looking for shuttle from Franklin, NC to Amicalola Falls, the 1st of April. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Blue Butterfly